Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh744

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
Currently hold both the Qantas Discovery Card and the David Jones AMEX card (basic). Am not sure whether I should consolidate my points earning into Qantas or leave it as is?

If I do consolidate into Qantas, I can earn at least 1 point per $1 if I use the cards correctly e.g. Woolworths spend use DJ card, Myer spend use Discovery card.

I do prefer flying with Qantas with the occasional Virgin flight when price is better.

Would be helpful if I could get some input!

Thanks!

You'll earn more actual frequent flyer points per dollar spent via the David Jones card when choosing Qantas points over the DJ points due to pretty poor conversion rates from DJ points to airline miles, so if you must have a DJ card, you may as well be earning the most frequent flyer points possible! :)

The DJ's card is great for transfers to airlines that need to via SPG - for the rest direct earn to QF will be the winner. Or alternatively a different AMEX card that has a better earn rate - fortunately there is a good range to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back