Does having a Qantas Premeier card exclude eligiblity for bonuses on Citi Bank branded cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynda2475

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
So im ready to churn my Qantas earning Visa card (curently with SGB) and possibly mastercard (currently wth WBC) shortly thereafter. Im currently still in exclusion period for ANZ.

A quick look on the Qantas website it seems that best 2 Visa options (which Im not excluded from) would be:
  • Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card cost is $49 for 100k Bonus points for $5k spend within 90k (im not interested in holding it > 12 montsh to get the last 50k points due to $444 fee). I also notice this exact offer is not shown on Citibank site. OR
  • NAB Qantas Rewards Signature which is 90k points for $295 fee (again no intention of paying the $395 2nd year fee for the extra 30k points) more expensive option.
Fom a mastercard point of view, The 120k bonus points (20k per month for first 6 months if spend 1.5k a month) on the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard seems like the best deal at the moment, but if i hold Citi Signature Qantas Visa card, will this exclude me from be eligible for Bonus point on the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard (which I think is provided by Citi bank but not branded as such)?

I recently went the other way closing the Citibank Signature Qantas and two weeks later opened the Qantas Premier Platinum. I received (am still receiving, actually) the 20k monthly bonus for 6 months.

St George are currently doing 60k QFF points for $49 annual fee/$2k min spend which might be worth a look.

Thanks, just probably need to work out the timing of the Citi Signature and Qantas Premier cards then.

I cant do any St George offer as the Visa card Im planning to cancel is a St George Amplify one.

So im ready to churn my Qantas earning Visa card (curently with SGB) and possibly mastercard (currently wth WBC) shortly thereafter. Im currently still in exclusion period for ANZ.

A quick look on the Qantas website it seems that best 2 Visa options (which Im not excluded from) would be:
  • Citi Signature Qantas Credit Card cost is $49 for 100k Bonus points for $5k spend within 90k (im not interested in holding it > 12 montsh to get the last 50k points due to $444 fee). I also notice this exact offer is not shown on Citibank site. OR
  • NAB Qantas Rewards Signature which is 90k points for $295 fee (again no intention of paying the $395 2nd year fee for the extra 30k points) more expensive option.
Fom a mastercard point of view, The 120k bonus points (20k per month for first 6 months if spend 1.5k a month) on the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard seems like the best deal at the moment, but if i hold Citi Signature Qantas Visa card, will this exclude me from be eligible for Bonus point on the Qantas Premier Platinum Mastercard (which I think is provided by Citi bank but not branded as such)?

Some related experience with the NAB card - I opened this card in May, received the bonus in the 1st statement and closed the card in July. I was able to successfully request a refund of the annual fee. This may or may not be important for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back