Does BPAY with a Citibank Emirates card get treated as a purchase or cash advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultiffen

Hi,

For merchants that accept CC payments through BPay, anyone tried making one with the Citibank Emirates card? Thinking travel cards here with 1% reload fee as a way of buying miles.

Paul

Re: Does BPAY with a Citibank Emirates card get treated as a purchase or cash advance

as always, depends on the merchant.

Re: Does BPAY with a Citibank Emirates card get treated as a purchase or cash advance

holy chit, I'm gonna try this out. I know that paying into Sportsbet through BPAY is counted as a purchase, and I usually transfer into them, so that I can get miles at around 4% (If you hedge your bets correctly) but this looks like a way better option.

I had a look at bpay.com.au, the Biller code does show that Visa/Mastercard Credit Cards are accepted. Whether they work from Citibank's Online Banking will be interesting though.

whats to stop you from withdrawing the money from sportsbet straight away?

They won't let you withdraw credit card deposited funds immediately IIRC, you need to turn it over at least once.

They won't let you withdraw credit card deposited funds immediately IIRC, you need to turn it over at least once.

exactly. I found this out once I had transferred 10k into the account. (Then realised that I had to find the best way to turn it over) LOL.

(I ended up putting 10k on Hawthorn against Greater Western Sydney lol, was paying 1.01 to 1). Made an almost sure 100 bucks out of it :p

holy chit, I'm gonna try this out. I know that paying into Sportsbet through BPAY is counted as a purchase, and I usually transfer into them, so that I can get miles at around 4% (If you hedge your bets correctly) but this looks like a way better option.

I had a look at bpay.com.au, the Biller code does show that Visa/Mastercard Credit Cards are accepted. Whether they work from Citibank's Online Banking will be interesting though.

How does this sportsbet system work? I'm interested in finding out more - care to PM me some details?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back