Does A380 top deck Y board with J ?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer' started by Andona, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Andona

Andona Junior Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Sydney
    We have our first flight on an SQ A380 coming up and have seats allocated in the top deck Economy cabin. When we've flown on Qantas A380 in similar seats we were advised that top deck Y were welcome to board when business class was called, and did so.
    I was wondering if a similar system applies with SQ? Or should we wait til Y is called for boarding?
    Ive tried searching the boards to find the answer with no luck, so apologies if this is a dumb question.
    TIA
    Andona

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. Mattg

Mattg Senior Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I departed from Singapore on an SQ A380 last night. Upper deck economy passengers were called forward for boarding with "boarding group 4", which was the first group of economy passengers (all upper deck Y and rear lower deck Y pax). This was after First, business class and premium economy had been called. Of course, upper deck passengers were directed to board via the upper deck airbridge (shared with business class) after having boarding passes scanned.

3. Andona

Andona Junior Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Sydney
    Thanks MattG, that's exactly the information I needed.
    Andona