Diners Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keftetha

Ok so I had a bit of an altercation with the CSR about travel insurance. I had purchased points and then redeemed them for a trip to Japan next month. When I asked if the flights would be covered, she told me that because the flights were done with points and I hadn't paid for the ticket that NO insurance would be covered!

I then told her that I had paid the taxes and carrier charges and paid that through Diners, which then the ticket got issued. She then brought out some dribble that referred to this:

Cardholders are eligible for this International Travel Insurance when prior to leaving Australia:

• the total cost of their overseas travel ticket has been charged to their card;

The total cost of the fare is then $0 which is why she seemed to think that NO insurance is available at all.

Is this actually right???

Who's the insurer? I find it better to contact them directly. The banks often don't understand the product very well

That's just it, I was calling the insurer themselves, Allianz Global Insurance, but if I buy the policy through say Virgin Money (which is the same insurer) then I am covered.

The total cost of the fare is then $0 which is why she seemed to think that NO insurance is available at all.

Is this actually right???

Whenever I book overseas trips I always read the T&C's again to make sure, and check by phone if any doubts, A mistake could cost a million.
Some credit card companies cover trips paid with points, some dont. I have 4 different cards that offer the insurance, I am usually covered by one of them, one way or another.
NAB is a handy one because you only have to pay for $500 of the trip cost (no paypal), and it doesnt have to be flights.
CBA dont have pay for anything
Citibank just have to transfer 15000 pts to the FF program in the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back