kpc

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Just came across this:
In Mexico, 11 new "Salon Premier" lounges will be accessible to Diners Club
Cardmembers at airport locations in Cancun, Chihuahua, Ciudad Juarez,
Guadalajara, Merida, Monterrey, Tijuana, Torreon, and Mexico City Terminal 1 and
2, which will feature three lounges...

In addition to the new lounges in Mexico, Diners Club Cardmembers also can relax
in two Premium Plaza lounges located in terminals 2 and 3 at the Changi
International Airport in Singapore.
Diners Club International Opens New Airport Lounges in Mexico and Singapore | Reuters

The lounges are now listed on the Diners Club website:
Diners Club International® Airport Lounges

My only concern is this T and Cs (http://www.dinersclub.com.sg/en/travellersaid/terms.pdf)which appear to be only for Malaysia, Singapore and NZ issued cards, limiting the visit to the Changi lounges to only ONE visit per year to the main card holder only, and not to supplementary card holders. Perhaps, they are concerned that residents in Malaysia and Singapore could really use these lounges alot!! Not sure why NZ cards are included:shock:

Anyway, despite my extreme annoyance with Diners at the moment (mainly related to their web problems and non issuance of my reward points!:evil:), this opening of the Changi lounges in SIN is a REAL benefit for me, esp. if I'm not limited to just ONE visit per year!!

More info about the Plaza premium lounges in Sin can be found below:
::: PLAZA PREMIUM LOUNGE :::

Edited to add: with Diners, as per usual, some problems with access have been reported:
Airport Lounge access is confusing - FlyerTalk Forums
New Diners Club lounges in Singapore - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited:
Sounds like you are not the only one annoyed with the lack of points:

Diners Club members complain of missing Qantas points

Diners Club Qantas Frequent Flyer card members have complained they are not being credited for their Qantas frequent flyers points since the airline required customers to switch to a new card in April.....

Just came across this:
Diners Club International Opens New Airport Lounges in Mexico and Singapore | Reuters

The lounges are now listed on the Diners Club website:
Diners Club International® Airport Lounges

My only concern is this T and Cs (http://www.dinersclub.com.sg/en/travellersaid/terms.pdf)which appear to be only for Malaysia, Singapore and NZ issued cards, limiting the visit to the Changi lounges to only ONE visit per year to the main card holder only, and not to supplementary card holders. Perhaps, they are concerned that residents in Malaysia and Singapore could really use these lounges alot!! Not sure why NZ cards are included:shock:

I believe that Diners in Malaysia, Singapore and NZ is owned by a Malaysia-based franchisee called Johan Holdings Berhad. The Australian business is owned by Citibank.

I note that Johan-Diners card holders are limited to one 'Diners' lounge visit anywhere in the world per year. In other words, Johan does not simply limit visits to the Plaza lounges at Changi - it's constraints are far tougher.

In practice, I wonder how this restriction works. They take your card number at the door - I wonder if a Johan-Diners card holder eventually finds charges popping up on the card account for multiple lounge visits? The tracking of this looks to be all manual and hence possibly tricky to get right.

I haven't experienced this problem with Australian-issued (Citi) Diners cards.

Well that didn't last long!!! The Plaza Premium lounge at Changi, Singapore has closed
eek.gif
thumbsdown.gif
, I believe as of 30.06.2010. Apparently Diners are trying to negotiate with another lounge provider, but I wouldn't be holding my breath...
rolleyes.gif
. The Sin lounge has already been removed from the Diners Club list of lounges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back