David Jones Amex w/ proposed new in store benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallinch

Invited to an interesting survey today by David Jones on the launch of their own loyalty programming. It has remarkably similar look to Myer One with the real key differences being if you are a DJ's Storecard, DJ Amex or DJ Amex Plat cardholder. See attached images. Keep in mind these may change upon launch.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Invited to an interesting survey today by David Jones on the launch of their own loyalty programming. It has remarkably similar look to Myer One with the real key differences being if you are a DJ's Storecard, DJ Amex or DJ Amex Plat cardholder. See attached images. Keep in mind these may change upon launch.
View attachment 49883View attachment 49884

This looks to me like a direct extension of the existing Country Road/Trenery Loyalty program more so than Myer One. I was pretty happy when DJ's joined up with CR and Witchery.
No VIP Lounges for Country Road though but the benefits at $2.5K spend are pretty much identical.

I just complete an online survey tonight for the DJ'S Amex card asking for my reaction to various scenarios where the benefits of the card appear genuinely ' enhanced'.

Most notably one proposal was the earn rate would actually increase to 7 points per dollar spent at David Jones stores/online for platinum cardholders.

The arrangement to sweep from Amex rewards to Qantas would continue.

Other proposals include a birthday reward of 25% off all transactions made instore DJ's stores on a cardholders birthday as well as various tier levels within the credit card depending on annual spend.

Hopefully some good changes are not too far around the corner with this card,

Anyone else complete a survey recently?

Last edited:
I just complete an online survey tonight for the DJ'S Amex card asking for my reaction to various scenarios where the benefits of the card appear genuinely ' enhanced'.

Most notably one proposal was the earn rate would actually increase to 7 points per dollar spent at David Jones stores/online for platinum cardholders.

The arrangement to sweep from Amex rewards to Qantas would continue.

Other proposals include a birthday reward of 25% of all transactions made on a cardholders birthday as well as various tier levels within the credit card depending on annual spend.

Hopefully some good changes are not hoo far around the corner with this card,

Anyone else complete a survey recently?

No but sounds good. I'm pretty happy with the DJ's Amex given that I use it pretty strategically

I received the same survey too yesterday.
I've been somewhat unhappy with the card benefits in the last year or 2,
and put that in the feedback:
poor recognition in store, lack of bonus points offers, fewer VIP events etc.

Earning rate in store isn't much to shout about either,
7 points per dollar for DJ purchases should be 10 points per dollar, IMO.

The possible changes are an improvement, but not amazing.
One possible benefit is $40 birthday gift to spend in store - really ???
Another is priority service at cash register - no need to queue to pay.
That would be useful at sale time, I guess.

The one big let down is how the points redeeming structure is not aligned with Amex MR,
ie at the same rates. (yes I know some ppl like the SPG rate...)
If David Jones could do that, the card would be spectacular.

one is lucky to be served at all at my local DJ store priority or not! A very obvious scaricity of staff. Has been the case for some tome.

How the heck could they manage priority payments?

Build an entire new gold class checkout with 20+ staff for all of us?

Especially during Christmas or 1 day 99% off sale day!

How the heck could they manage priority payments?

Build an entire new gold class checkout with 20+ staff for all of us?

Especially during Christmas or 1 day 99% off sale day!

Yeh I agree..... I can't see that being implemented, let alone the staff being disciplined enough to man the tills sufficiently.

Westfield Doncaster David Jones are offering "Free Valet" Parking for DJ Plat. (3hrs)

See attached image.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back