David Jones Amex 30K MR or 22500 QFF bonus signup until 7Oct, instore, $99 annual fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

rforromeo

David Jones is offering a 30K MR or 22500 QFF signup bonus for their Amex for today instore, ok value for the $99 annual fee. If I already have an amex plat edge and plat reserve cards can I sign up for a this bonus or will I have to ditch one of my other amex cards in my application?

Re: David Jones Amex 30K MR or 22500 QFF bonus signup until 7Oct, instore, $99 annual

Try getting the DJs card first then dump the dud one later.

Re: David Jones Amex 30K MR or 22500 QFF bonus signup until 7Oct, instore, $99 annual

Sorry to ask but what does 30K MR mean? I guess it 30,000 something? and whats the catch on the 22500 pts do you have to spend an amonunt in store?

MR is membership rewards. It is pretty generous.
Read the terms and conditions to see if it suits you as everyone has different needs and circumstances.

Watch out that Membership Rewards is not the same as Ascent and are only roughly half as valuable as Ascent. There's another thread on this, the offer is a bit misleading from AMEX

I'm guessing the offer is instore only as can see only 15000 offered through the Website?

Watch out that Membership Rewards is not the same as Ascent and are only roughly half as valuable as Ascent. There's another thread on this, the offer is a bit misleading from AMEX

I'm guessing the offer is instore only as can see only 15000 offered through the Website?

Yes, offer only available instore. I rang DJs yesterday to query this and try to get the online offer matched (no luck). The operator I spoke to said that there were different offers in store and online, and different offers available between stores.

Actually I was thinking about this today and under very specific spending conditions it could be better than the Platinum Edge. You would need to be spending A LOT at petrol stations though. Best way to think of it is on margin, note that this assumes you can transfer to Ascent at $5 per 1000 points as per a previous post

I think that 1000 Ascent points are worth at least $5 probably about $10-$15 (I wouldn't pay all that much more for business class). Let's say they are worth $10. If you spend 50000 a year at petrol stations then you are getting 50000 more Ascent points (3 instead of 2) at a cost of 250 (5*50000/1000) and are coming out 250 ahead. But I can't see very many scenarious that this is worth it. The QFF actually seem like the better value here but I can't see this beating the Platinum Edge overall.

Which stores? I'm up for it with the new earn rates on my exisiting amex...

Went to the Sydney CBD store today but there was no one visible with an offer....

OK so now I am confused. are David Jones rewards the same as my Membership Rewards on my Cent card? Do they just go into my std account....

Which stores? I'm up for it with the new earn rates on my exisiting amex...

Went to the Sydney CBD store today but there was no one visible with an offer....

I think the offers finished as the OP stated on 7th Oct.

Tomorrow (13 Nov 2012) only, you can get 30000 MR points (not "real" MR points I gather) or 22500 QFF points on the STANDARD David Jones AMEX, for instore applications only...
http://www.davidjones.com.au/Whats-...~/media/F4CAF7F2F57A4A06B871D60D37DD1DC0.ashx

Not too bad an offer given you normally have to sign up for the Platinum David Jones AMEX (with $295 annual fee) to get this sign on bonus.

Tomorrow (13 Nov 2012) only, you can get 30000 MR points (not "real" MR points I gather) or 22500 QFF points on the STANDARD David Jones AMEX, for instore applications only...
http://www.davidjones.com.au/Whats-...~/media/F4CAF7F2F57A4A06B871D60D37DD1DC0.ashx

Not too bad an offer given you normally have to sign up for the Platinum David Jones AMEX (with $295 annual fee) to get this sign on bonus.

It's the DJ's card holders Xmas shopping event tomorrow I would assume they will also have an equivalent or better Plat card offer in-store

It's the DJ's card holders Xmas shopping event tomorrow I would assume they will also have an equivalent or better Plat card offer in-store

Yes already received the mail out - in store applications will receive 30K bonus or 22.5K QF.

Also, tonight would be a good time to stock up on DJ gift cards:
all purchases receive double bonus points ($1 on DJ Amex Plat = 8 points)

and choose Christmas option to pay nothing till Feb 2013.

Win Win.

Yes already received the mail out - in store applications will receive 30K bonus or 22.5K QF.

Also, tonight would be a good time to stock up on DJ gift cards:
all purchases receive double bonus points ($1 on DJ Amex Plat = 8 points)

and choose Christmas option to pay nothing till Feb 2013.

Win Win.

Do you earn points on DJs cards if you choose Christmas Option? I can't find it mentioned in the T&Cs.

Do you earn points on DJs cards if you choose Christmas Option? I can't find it mentioned in the T&Cs.

Yes you do.
Already done it and points have posted.
(It's been double points up to 11/11/12).

DJs have their own Amex reward points category, the transfer rate for these to Velocity is 2 to 1 making your platinum edge points much more valuable for velocity points. Qantas points are a different story, still only 0.75/$ though.

Available again online (this was via a Facebook promotion)
Apply now and enjoy your Welcome Bonus

Indicates expiry of 2nd December, although actual page indicates "today only".

So sorry how would the 30K MR sign-on points convert to Velocity points?

So sorry how would the 30K MR sign-on points convert to Velocity points?

Redeem through the website, rate is 2 DJ MR points=1 Velocity point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back