CX CEO and COO forced to resign | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

CX CEO and COO forced to resign

Isochronous

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Allegedly to "take responsibility" for "recent events" - this is outright corporate terrorism, evidenced by the fact that the story broke on CCTV before any announcement was released to the stock exchange.

Chinese state-owned entities also currently banning their staff from flying CX/KA on company travel.

Melburnian1

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I prefer to sit on the sidelines and observe since there is no right or wrong.

The West is equally screwed up.
One can't equate brutal repressive Marxism to what is an admittedly imperfect, but still far preferable system of democracy and free enterprise where there is generally (with a few qualifications) freedom of movement, religion and expression.

Many people who've fled communist dictators for the West would trenchantly disagree with your assertion.

There's no great flow of people wanting to live for good in communist China, or totalitarian Russia. In contrast, there's a queue a mile long wanting to live in nations like Germany, the UK, Australia, Canada and the USA.

FL360

Good, they are responsible for the 3-4-3 Y sardines seats on the 777. Hope the new CEO will reverse that terrible decision.

But what worries me is any future strikes at HKG.
Also HK will probably goes down if the Hong Kong human rights and democracy act is passed in the US Congress later this year. Axing any special tariff and trade concessions HK has been getting for the past 100 years from the USA. Separate from what China is getting....

HK is part of China, Trump agrees too. So same tariff treatment. This also stops any Chinese companies using HK as a backdoor for trade concessions....

GPH

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
My relatives always told me 'don't ask questions to which you know the answer.'

It's important that we in the West, and many other nations, care. Show communist China for what it is.
They know we all know what communist China stands for. They still don’t care. This war won’t be fought on a field or ocean. It (the invasion) is already underway , you know it as trade and immigration.

Isochronous

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Good, they are responsible for the 3-4-3 Y sardines seats on the 777. Hope the new CEO will reverse that terrible decision.

But what worries me is any future strikes at HKG.
Also HK will probably goes down if the Hong Kong human rights and democracy act is passed in the US Congress later this year. Axing any special tariff and trade concessions HK has been getting for the past 100 years from the USA. Separate from what China is getting....

HK is part of China, Trump agrees too. So same tariff treatment. This also stops any Chinese companies using HK as a backdoor for trade concessions....
The proposed legislation doesn't automatically revoke Hong Kong's special status under US law, but imposes closer monitoring and gives the Secretary of State more executive power to revoke special treatment or block bills that would give it.

Singapore was once part of Malaysia too.

FL360

The bill would require once a year certification from the USA side. So rather than concession unconditionally by default, now it is on a year by year basis.

That would certainly change things..

but imposes closer monitoring

yohy?!

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
the pilots won't be sorry to see them go

given all the pressure from the CCP this could be the beginning of the end for CX, mainland carriers would love to get their hands on more slots at HKIA and a crippled CX being blocked from flying mainland routes (or even overflying the PRC) would be stuffed

Isochronous

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
the pilots won't be sorry to see them go

given all the pressure from the CCP this could be the beginning of the end for CX, mainland carriers would love to get their hands on more slots at HKIA and a crippled CX being blocked from flying mainland routes (or even overflying the PRC) would be stuffed
Those that are still there, that is, now that some pilots have been fired/forced to resign for their political views.

drron

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Yes,like the pilot's strike in the 80s with PM Bob.A lot of those pilots ended up working for CX.I knew quite a few of them.

Danger

AFF Supporter

AisleSeat

Flights
My Map
I won't say too much, but just talked to a friend who works for CX in HK. They're not allowed to talk about the situation in HK anywhere. Customs are checking their phones, so they delete conversations.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Indeed. If the story is accurate, it's extraordinary. What an incredible person.
Supposedly a bit of artistic licence in the story. It may be true he refused to hand over a list, period, rather than handing over a list with just one name.

A job with another airline? Depends if it is flying, or intendes to fly to China.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul86