Credit Limits for Altitude Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

armanie

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a Westpac Altitude Mastercard so I can continue to accrue points.

I currently have a CBA Platinum Mastercard and fee free for life Citibank Gold visa card, but I've already reached my cap for both, and it's not even half way through the year.

I figured I might as well put any future spend on the Altitude card and earn some points rather than none. I also understand that Altitude cards do not have any caps!

So my question is, does any one know the credit limits for the Standard, Gold and Platinum Altitude cards?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

armanie

PS: I'm not interested in Amex, I've already got one of those. I just need a Master/Visa card

The credit limit will depend on what Westpac are goign to approve...they will look at your financial situation and using black magic will make their decision.

One strategy that does effectively increase cedit limits is to have two cards with the same lender then cancel one. They offer to transfer teh credit limit to the original card.

This happened to be with NAB. I had an existing NAB visa then took up the bonus points offer whenthe VElocity card was promoted. Then a couple of months later when the bonus points had post, I cancelled the VElocity card and they transfer/doubled the limit on my original Visa.

Just last week my Altitude VISA limit was doubled when I cancelled the Earth+ card which I obtained just last year. In the phone call cancelling the card, the agent offered to transfer the limit to the original card.

It will come down to which ticks you get on the Westpac credit appraisal...and nobody understands that!

Often the min/max credit limits are published in the Credit Card reviews at Cannex:

Product Snapshots

For the Altitude Cards, the limits are:

Altitude Std : $1000 - $50000
Altitude Gold: $5000 - $50000
Altitude Plat : $10000 - $65000

However these are only a guide. Even though a card has a minimum and max credit limit, a bank often will allow a cardholder a higher limit eventually with a card (and sometimes start a card with a lower amount than the base credit limits)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information.

As always, this forum is a wealth of knowledge.

Much appreciated.

armanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back