Credit Card for Rent Payments - RE Connect One Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon_Party

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I'm currently renting through LJ Hooker and it annoys me that they don't accept credit card payments for BPay and I'm missing out on a reasonable points haul.

Looking through my tenancy agreement, there seems to be an option to pay via RE Connect One. Looking online there is little information on their website regarding the fees, cards accepted etc, although it does indicate rents can be paid via credit card.

Has anyone any experience with paying rent via RE Connect - and any advice on using them?

Yes you can pay via credit card, either manual payments or a regular debit set at your chosen interval (weekly, fortnightly or monthly). The fee as said above is 1.32% - make sure you sign up using credit card as your default payment method. If you select bank account as default, you get charged a monthly fee of $3.20 plus the 1.32%.

If your agent can be paid via EFT they can also be paid by credit card via Rental Rewards - fees vary based on card type, but basically you pay Rental Rewards by credit card (including AMEX and Diners), and Rental Rewards forwards the payment to the nominated EFT account for your real estate agent using the reference number you provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back