Credit Card "Concierge"... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_duck

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll ask anyway. What is the value/what do you use credit card concierges for? I've not once found a use for them. I'm sure there are some good ones?

Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll ask anyway. What is the value/what do you use credit card concierges for? I've not once found a use for them. I'm sure there are some good ones?
Citi ‘Stay 4 Pay 3’ - can save 000’s yearly - free Airport transfers - just another little sweetener annually - apart from that useless.

We are in New York on a Citi Prestige stay 4/ pay for 3 at the Marriott Marquis so that is a win off the concierge service. It is so close to all the theatres so it’s show time.

We've found that when we can't get a table on a date (or time) that we want, Amex Plat Concierge is able to get it for us (three or four out of five times. They've gotten us tables at Sepia, Rockpool, and Aria the day before. At Bennelong, they brought us champagne to the table telling us as an Amex Plat member, it was complimentary.

I now tell the person at plat lifestyle to request a confirmation phone call for me (from the restaurant), as they really screwed up multiple bookings during a trip to Europe. A year later I'm just starting to trust them with bookings that I'm just too lazy to make myself, but not anything important like our anniversary, etc.

We've found that when we can't get a table on a date (or time) that we want, Amex Plat Concierge is able to get it for us (three or four out of five times. They've gotten us tables at Sepia, Rockpool, and Aria the day before. At Bennelong, they brought us champagne to the table telling us as an Amex Plat member, it was complimentary.

I now tell the person at plat lifestyle to request a confirmation phone call for me (from the restaurant), as they really screwed up multiple bookings during a trip to Europe. A year later I'm just starting to trust them with bookings that I'm just too lazy to make myself, but not anything important like our anniversary, etc.
I suppose that's useful for dinners and things, I'm not really one to go out to dinner much but I'll keep it in mind when I do have something like that to book. I don't have Citi but I do have Amex Plat.

Getting tickets to some concerts (depending on who is the “preferred partner”). Rather than stressing on ticket websites and suffering timeouts and meltdowns when tickets are released, put in the request ahead of time, and get tickets as part of their allocation.

Worked great in getting tickets to Pink concerts for daughter - who tried and failed to acquire via other means (was revealed well after tickets acquired as a Xmas present)..

Getting tickets to some concerts (depending on who is the “preferred partner”). Rather than stressing on ticket websites and suffering timeouts and meltdowns when tickets are released, put in the request ahead of time, and get tickets as part of their allocation.

This. One of the family uses concierge for this purpose. One call and the concierge connects them to the ticket seller (no time wasted figuring out who that is, or to find their number). Select date and seats with the operator, then the concierge jumps on to provide CC details and arrange ticket delivery.

This. One of the family uses concierge for this purpose. One call and the concierge connects them to the ticket seller (no time wasted figuring out who that is, or to find their number). Select date and seats with the operator, then the concierge jumps on to provide CC details and arrange ticket delivery.
This sounds really easy, might have to start going to some concerts!

We also use the Citi 4 nights for 3 benefit as well as the airport transfers. The only reason I still have the card.

We also use the Citi 4 nights for 3 benefit as well as the airport transfers. The only reason I still have the card.

Do you use the TBR booking system for the transfers? You find the rates to be good value? We use Blacklane, but they are still pretty steep sometimes. I tried to access TBR today to check some prices for our trip this month, and just get errors trying to get to the new booking section.

I have only used the free transfer service so just email the concierge to organize.
Do you use the TBR booking system for the transfers? You find the rates to be good value? We use Blacklane, but they are still pretty steep sometimes. I tried to access TBR today to check some prices for our trip this month, and just get errors trying to get to the new booking section.

You haven’t mentioned which card you have (or if this is a general enquiry) I’ve never used Citi (but based on the comments above, perhaps I will take a new look. They also have a free bottle of wine thing) I’ve used Visa a couple of times, but Amex (Platinum/Centurion) offers a wide range of services. Most/many theatre, restaurant, concert bookings can be arranged by the concierge ( I have had front row seats at Rochford, day on the green) Their travel consultants can be great as well ( if you find a killer fare, why not let them do the hard work) disputes resolution can be helpful as well. There are a myriad of other benefits of these cards, beyond the concierge, it really depends on your use of the card and your travel and other requirements. Note - that sometimes the quality of the assistance you receive, depends entirely on the individual on the other end of the phone.
In summary, I find the overall “package” a winner, although many times, depending what I’m after, I just make the bookings myself (rather than push button 1, enter your card number, enter your pin........)

You haven’t mentioned which card you have (or if this is a general enquiry) I’ve never used Citi (but based on the comments above, perhaps I will take a new look. They also have a free bottle of wine thing) I’ve used Visa a couple of times, but Amex (Platinum/Centurion) offers a wide range of services. Most/many theatre, restaurant, concert bookings can be arranged by the concierge ( I have had front row seats at Rochford, day on the green) Their travel consultants can be great as well ( if you find a killer fare, why not let them do the hard work) disputes resolution can be helpful as well. There are a myriad of other benefits of these cards, beyond the concierge, it really depends on your use of the card and your travel and other requirements. Note - that sometimes the quality of the assistance you receive, depends entirely on the individual on the other end of the phone.
In summary, I find the overall “package” a winner, although many times, depending what I’m after, I just make the bookings myself (rather than push button 1, enter your card number, enter your pin........)
Sorry about that, I was asking in general as I have three cards with concierge "service" and I have no idea what they're able to do for me. I don't like not taking full advantage of something I'm paying for, so was hoping for others to let me know what they use theirs for, so maybe I can start taking advantage.

. I don't like not taking full advantage of something I'm paying for, so was hoping for others to let me know what they use theirs for, so maybe I can start taking advantage.
The concierge will pretty much do anything for you that you might ask. The idea being, you are travelling and dont have time to sort out stuff, just like the hotel concierges might do. The only things they wont do is anything illegal or immoral.

There are several discussions online about the weird and peculiar requests some have got the credit card concierges to do, just google it. Following is a response that I got from the concierge when I asked them to find me a laundry that was either coin operated or charge by the kilo, in Northern Ireland.

Thank you for having Visa Infinite Concierge assist you with your request. Please take a moment to review the information below at your earliest convenience.

We have contacted a few laundry services in the areas that you have requested and have the following information for your consideration.

Portstewart Laundry

Address: 3A The Promenade, Portstewart, County Londonderry BT55 7AD, United Kingdom

Phone: +442870834998

• Coin operated machine: no
  • Charges by the kilo: no
  • Prices are based on the machine used so it is hard to say

Smooth Operators NI Ltd

Address: 8 Sackville St, Londonderry, Derry BT48 7BQ, UK

Phone: +447093301757

• Coin operated machine: no
  • Charges by the kilo: yes
  • Prices are based on 2 GBP per 1KG

The only laundry service that we were able to contact in Newcastle/Down is Crystal Clean but the person I spoke to said that her boss is not on premises and would not answer any questions. If you would like we can look into laundry services in Belfast.

The concierge will pretty much do anything for you that you might ask. The idea being, you are travelling and dont have time to sort out stuff, just like the hotel concierges might do. The only things they wont do is anything illegal or immoral.

There are several discussions online about the weird and peculiar requests some have got the credit card concierges to do, just google it. Following is a response that I got from the concierge when I asked them to find me a laundry that was either coin operated or charge by the kilo, in Northern Ireland.
Now that is something I would use, I spend a lot of time researching that I guess they can probably do that for me. I particularly like this idea:
One year, a cardholder simply presented the team with a list of their family members and their interests, and asked them to complete their Christmas shopping for them.​

Would a concierge be able to access sports tickets such as Australian Open tennis or AFL grand final tickets as well as hard to get concert tickets?

Recently used to book airport transfers in Noumea. The websites weren't in English and couldn't easily book online. Figured I'd let Amex Plat concierge deal with the language barrier for me.

Also used them to book restaurants in the past. Often its not that I couldn't do it myself, but I would just shoot off a quick email while out and know it will be done.

Recently used to book airport transfers in Noumea. The websites weren't in English and couldn't easily book online. Figured I'd let Amex Plat concierge deal with the language barrier for me.

Also used them to book restaurants in the past. Often its not that I couldn't do it myself, but I would just shoot off a quick email while out and know it will be done.
good point, maybe they can book my vanuatu accommodation and transfers for me.

Have used the Amex concierge twice in the past 12 months to get tickets to shows at Perth Arena. Takes a lot of stress out of booking tickets online and they got some damn good seats too.

I decided to give the visa concierge a go for a trip soon to Vanuatu. We want to stay in a shack on the beach and everything has to be arranged via phone. I really don't like making phone calls.

It took a couple back and forths, but they have booked the accommodation and transfers through the owner on our behalf and provided a total and agreed to provide a reminder of the booking details on the day of departure. Pretty happy with that - didn't have to pick up the phone once.

And given it can't be charged to the card, it has to be paid in cash, impressed they were OK with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back