Converting to Professionals card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajd

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
I've just become a member of an association that gives access to the Professionals Amex offering.

Anyone know whether it's possible to convert an existing Amex to the Professionals card to take advantage of the lower annual fee? Or do I need to cancel/reapply (in which case I probably won't bother, I'm thinking of cancelling my Amex anyway).

I've just become a member of an association that gives access to the Professionals Amex offering.

Anyone know whether it's possible to convert an existing Amex to the Professionals card to take advantage of the lower annual fee? Or do I need to cancel/reapply (in which case I probably won't bother, I'm thinking of cancelling my Amex anyway).
I don't believe you can "switch" to a PA version of an AmEx, unfortunately. I did try this last March when my PE was approaching its annual fee, however when I called to switch to the PA version, they said I have to reapply as it's a separate division of AmEx with separate handling. Things may have changed in the meantime so try your luck, YMMV.

I don't believe you can "switch" to a PA version of an AmEx, unfortunately. I did try this last March when my PE was approaching its annual fee, however when I called to switch to the PA version, they said I have to reapply as it's a separate division of AmEx with separate handling. Things may have changed in the meantime so try your luck, YMMV.

Thanks - I'm approaching annual fee next month so I'll give them a ring and see if they can do anything... saving $50 per year would be nice but if they can't it might be time for me to start resetting the 18 month counter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back