Commonwealth Platinum Awards - 40k Qantas Points. $10 fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finale

Take off with 40,000 bonus Qantas Points* when you apply online via this webpage for a new CommBank Platinum Awards credit card by 3 July 2015 and spend at least $500 on eligible purchases using your new card by 31 August 2015.

Plus, enjoy no annual fee in the first year^ on the Platinum Awards card (saving of $249).
A $10 annual Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee does apply.

Remember, you need to apply via the links on this page to be eligible for this offer.

https://www.commbank.com.au/persona...qantas-40000-points-plus.html?ocid=OF2QFF5715

^ The annual fee will still be charged to your account but will be credited back to your account within 90 days. An additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee also applies. After the first year, the then current standard annual fee applicable to your card type will apply. The additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee will also continue to apply.

Last edited:
Anz going in June $10 for 40k might be worth a look.....

Take off with 40,000 bonus Qantas Points* when you apply online via this webpage for a new CommBank Platinum Awards credit card by 3 July 2015 and spend at least $500 on eligible purchases using your new card by 31 August 2015.

Plus, enjoy no annual fee in the first year^ on the Platinum Awards card (saving of $249).
A $10 annual Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee does apply.
Remember, you need to apply via the links on this page to be eligible for this offer.

https://www.commbank.com.au/persona...qantas-40000-points-plus.html?ocid=OF2QFF5715

^ The annual fee will still be charged to your account but will be credited back to your account within 90 days. An additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee also applies. After the first year, the then current standard annual fee applicable to your card type will apply. The additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee will also continue to apply.

These are worth stressing:

'Remember, you need to apply via the links on this page to be eligible for this offer.'

and

'You will be charged the full annual fee with the first statement and then refunded 100% of the fee as a statement credit within 90 days of activating your credit card.'

That means you're going to have to keep the card for a minimum of three months, even if the points dropped earlier.

Sounds like a good deal. The no fee for the first year makes a good change from recent offerings from Bankwest and St George. And it's good to see the Cth stop offering the vouchers that they've been offering in the past and offer something that people want - IE Qantas points!

I've got too many cards right now to consider making an offer. But intend to cancel a few as soon as the points for each (St George & Bankwest) appear in my account. Then I'll be up for the Cth offering.

These are worth stressing:

'Remember, you need to apply via the links on this page to be eligible for this offer.'

and

'You will be charged the full annual fee with the first statement and then refunded 100% of the fee as a statement credit within 90 days of activating your credit card.'

That means you're going to have to keep the card for a minimum of three months, even if the points dropped earlier.

I fixed the post :)

I fixed the post :)

it wasn't a criticism of your post - just something that people should be aware of. The annual fee thing is unusual from my experience in chasing these types of points offerings.

it wasn't a criticism of your post - just something that people should be aware of. The annual fee thing is unusual from my experience in chasing these types of points offerings.

I understood. I just agreed with your post and thought they should be highlighted :D

My wife currently has one of these. Any chance she can cancel her current one and reapply?

this is only good for the bonus correct? ongoing ratio would be suboptimal?

My wife currently has one of these. Any chance she can cancel her current one and reapply?

Cant see why not. Probably a good idea to cancel and wait a month before applying for the new one.

Does anyone have an inkling of what 'limited time' means for the promotion?

I've just done a round of applications and I assume my credit score (note to mention >$50k limits) wouldn't get me over the line with this one.

Does anyone have an inkling of what 'limited time' means for the promotion?

I've just done a round of applications and I assume my credit score (note to mention >$50k limits) wouldn't get me over the line with this one.

The date the offer ends is specified on the page of the offer isn't it?

If one has a Wealth Package with the CBA, the Diamond awards Card is now included as a card with no Annual Fee.
( Previously as of late last year the wealth package did not include the Diamond awards card).
Also worth noting the Diamond Awards card with the CBA gains access to the SYD Amex lounge.

The points earn on the Diamond awards card is of course greater than the platinum card on both Amex & MasterCard.

If one has a Wealth Package with the CBA, the Diamond awards Card is now included as a card with no Annual Fee.
( Previously as of late last year the wealth package did not include the Diamond awards card).
Also worth noting the Diamond Awards card with the CBA gains access to the SYD Amex lounge.

The points earn on the Diamond awards card is of course greater than the platinum card on both Amex & MasterCard.

But you pay for the wealth package. This is fee free for the first year.

But you pay for the wealth package. This is fee free for the first year.

True the wealth package has an annual fee.

However as the wealth package gives you a choice of credit card with no annual fee, discounts of home & car insurance, plus a serious .05 to .07 reduction on one's interest rate for a mortgage, I find the CBA's wealth package outstanding value.

like all bundles available from the various banks YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back