Card Promotions Commonwealth Bank (Ultimate Awards Card) 100K award points – potentially fee free

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
100,000 Bonus Awards Points when you apply for a new CommBank Ultimate Awards credit card by 30 May 2020 and spend $5,000 on eligible purchases using your new card within 90 days from activation.

What you’ll get
  • Earn up to 3 Awards points for every dollar spent up to $10,000 in a statement period
  • No monthly fee* if you;
    (i) spend at least $2,500 on your Ultimate Awards credit card in your statement period and
    (ii) choose to receive online statements
  • Pay no international transaction fees for purchases you make overseas or online
*$35 per month fee if you do not reach the minimum spend of $2,500 for the month

Usual 12 month and existing customer exclusion period:

'Offer excludes all existing cards, switches from other card types and is not available to customers who currently hold, or have held, any Awards card types in the 12 months prior. '

I realise the transfer rates aren't great, but this may be worth a quick churn?

From what I understand Qantas points transfer at a rate of 2.5 award points to 1 airline point. So 100,000 award points = 40,000 Qantas points There are other places to transfer points as well, including Velocity which may have better transfer rates.

Ultimate Awards credit card - CommBank

Last edited:
Started the online application, filled in my info on page 1 then it says to go to a branch to complete the application. This was before filling in any expenses or income.

Started the online application, filled in my info on page 1 then it says to go to a branch to complete the application. This was before filling in any expenses or income.
May be something wrong with their system?

You may be right, ErrorOrig/1 in the URL when trying to proceed.

Will give it another try at home tonight.

OOps - just noticed the 12 month exclusion - I will fail on that one.
Oh well - as it will be free - I'll use it until the points are due and cross fingers

How’s the overseas exchange rate on this card, has anyone any experience on that? As a freebie for <12 months it could be useful.

Transfer points to frequent traveller programs
Transfer your Awards points via the Awards site to over 10 airline partners, including Qantas Frequent Flyer and Velocity Frequent Flyer.

Can anyone please advise whether Krisflyer is an option and if so, the rate?

Transfer points to frequent traveller programs
Transfer your Awards points via the Awards site to over 10 airline partners, including Qantas Frequent Flyer and Velocity Frequent Flyer.

Can anyone please advise whether Krisflyer is an option and if so, the rate?
Via velocity. Not sure if direct is possible.

The transfer airine partners and rates are very hard to find.
Agree.

They were provided by @Scr77 in this thread (although may have changed since that date):

Sorry, I tried reeeeally hard, but couldn't find that transfer table! I think you need to log into the commbank awards site to view it.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back