Commbank Platinum Rewards 30,000 Qantas Points* plus half priced annual fee^

Status
Not open for further replies.

akeno

Commbank is now offering up to 30,000 Qantas Points* plus half priced annual fee^.

Direct link to apply: commbank.com.au/qantasplatinum

Eligibility:
* Offer only applies to the recipients of relevant emails. To be eligible for the bonus points offer, you must apply online via this page and be approved for a Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards credit card by 31 December 2013 to earn 15,000 Qantas Points. You will earn an additional 15,000 Qantas Points when you spend A$500 on purchases with your new Platinum card by 11:59pm AEDT 31 January 2014. It will take 90 days for the bonus points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account provided that you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use for the Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards credit card and your Account remains open. ^ Half of the annual fee (being either $140/$125) will be refunded to your credit card account by 31st January 2014. An ongoing full annual fee currently $280/$250 will apply one year after your Card was first issued. An additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee also applies.

Dunno, but I intend on ringing CBA this week to find out.

So is anyone eligible or only those that received an email about it?

I'm not too sure but the email came directly from Qantas Frequent Flyers. I tried pasting the email contents here but it wouldn't let me.

At the bottom of the email it says this again:

Offer only applies to the recipient of this email. To be eligible for the bonus points offer, you must apply online via the landing page located at commbank.com.au/qantasplatinum and be approved for a Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards credit card by 31 December 2013 to earn 15,000 Qantas Points. You will earn an additional 15,000 Qantas Points when you spend A$500 on eligible purchases by 11:59pm AEDT 31 January 2014. It will take 90 days for the bonus points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account provided that you are not in breach of the Conditions of Use for the Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards credit card and your Account remains open.

applied when the OP initially posted the link. The offer wasn't on the QF website then. Got approved and confirmed over the phone that I was eligible for the offer and the operator was able to link up to my QFF number. Just spent the $500 required to get the additional 15,000. Now wait a month :)

I also just received my cards from them. I called them to confirm that i was going to receive 30k QANTAS points and not combank points (which convert at a 2-1 rate to qpoints) to which i was told that no! .. i'd be recieving 30k worth of combank points. I told the guy that i was only interested in the cards because i thought i was receiving 30k of q points and after he looked about a bit he "decided" that yes .. i would be receiving the q points lol. I guess ill just have to wait and see how this plays out, but i did make him tell me multiple times that the bonus would not be in combank points.

This continues my recent run of bad luck with timing. I transferred 200k points from my corporate diners to QFF 2 days before they announced the 15% bonus. Then yesterday, after 3 years as a CBA wealth package customer, I decided to finally accept the offer of a fee free platinum card, so applied and was approved via a link in my netbank inbox.

I would have happily applied via this link on the basis that I pay $125 fee in year one to get the 30k QFF points, and then have the card revert to the regular fee - in my case zero due to wealth package - in year 2 onwards. I will call CBA to see if they'll let me change but I wont be holding my breath.

I also just received my cards from them. I called them to confirm that i was going to receive 30k QANTAS points and not combank points (which convert at a 2-1 rate to qpoints) to which i was told that no! .. i'd be recieving 30k worth of combank points. I told the guy that i was only interested in the cards because i thought i was receiving 30k of q points and after he looked about a bit he "decided" that yes .. i would be receiving the q points lol. I guess ill just have to wait and see how this plays out, but i did make him tell me multiple times that the bonus would not be in combank points.

The promo is for 30K Qantas points. However when you earn points, the automatic conversion to Qantas points is 2:1 which is half. So 2.5 points on the platinum amex is 1.25 Qantas points.

It's confusing enough, so the operator can get it wrong when you speak to them.

I would have happily applied via this link on the basis that I pay $125 fee in year one to get the 30k QFF points, and then have the card revert to the regular fee - in my case zero due to wealth package - in year 2 onwards. I will call CBA to see if they'll let me change but I wont be holding my breath.

That would get messy with CBA. Would be a battle to get them to give you 30k points. Your offer of fee free is good enough.

Has anyone had any luck getting any QFF points out of CBA as an existing card holder? I called to cancel my card about 6 weeks ago, and they offered me 5,000 reward points to keep it (I took them as I currently don't pay the annual fee). I'm wondering if they'd be willing to give me any QFF points to keep me...

I didn't receive an email invitation but was thinking if applying. Not sure I'll get the 30k though.

I didn't receive an email invitation but was thinking if applying. Not sure I'll get the 30k though.

I didn't get an email either, but when I log in to QFF, the promotion appears.

I didn't get an email either, but when I log in to QFF, the promotion appears.

The link from QFF still has this rider though:* Offer only applies to the recipients of relevant emails
I've emailed CBA seeking clarification.

The link from QFF still has this rider though:* Offer only applies to the recipients of relevant emails
I've emailed CBA seeking clarification.

Ah, I hadn't clicked on the link. It does indeed say that on the CBA page. I'm going to give them a call during the week, interested to hear what their response to you email is too.

I've now received email confirmation from CBA that I will get the 30K QF points and half price fee.
I did not receive the original invitation, but followed the link from the QF website.

Is the half annual fee just the first year only?

Half priced annual fee of just $140 for the first year^

^ Half of the annual fee (being either $140/$125) will be refunded to your credit card account by 31st January 2014. An ongoing full annual fee currently $280/$250 will apply one year after your Card was first issued. An additional annual $10 Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct opt-in fee also applies.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck getting any QFF points out of CBA as an existing card holder? I called to cancel my card about 6 weeks ago, and they offered me 5,000 reward points to keep it (I took them as I currently don't pay the annual fee). I'm wondering if they'd be willing to give me any QFF points to keep me...

Called up CBA on friday, they wouldn't budge with this offer, saying it's offered by Qantas and that only recipients of the email were eligible and they weren't in a position to make the offer to others on qantas' behalf.

I pointed out that qantas had emailed me the Macquarie offer but not the CBA offer, and that I preferred the CBA offer as I was an existing customer but if it wasn't available to me then i'd go for the Macquarie card, and cancel my existing CBA card. They still wouldn't budge, and this was after half an hour of politely talking with them :S

I find it strange that they'e not even trying to keep existing customers. I mean, their awards have always been pretty poor, but since the recent changes to FF conversion rates, I imagine there would have been quite the exodus of customers. I guess it's not something CBA value too highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back