Commbank Platinum Debit Mastercard Qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called up about this card a few weeks ago, unfortunately they said it was something that CBA are trialling and it is not released to the general public, apparently they did a small run last year with select customers. They didn't say anything about the criteria to qualify, and you can't ask for an upgrade unfortunately :(

It looks to me like a hybrid between a credit card and a debit card. Maybe be able to access your own money but through a credit card. So you will be able to shop on a credit card but use your own savings.

It looks to me like a hybrid between a credit card and a debit card. Maybe be able to access your own money but through a credit card. So you will be able to shop on a credit card but use your own savings.

Thats typically what a debit card is!

Can't see any real benefits comparing to the existing debit card.

Can't see any real benefits comparing to the existing debit card.

In practicality terms, it comes with all the typical insurances that come with a platinum credit card, which the vanilla debit MC doesn't have, however in all liklihood the same person would probably prefer their platinum credit card for the points.

Aside from that it looks nicer, that's about all i can tell.

Just called up then to ask if I qualify for this card and was instantly approved posting within 7 days...Apparently it's available to virtually all current Commbank customers who hold either their "Smart Access" or "Complete Access" transaction accounts and who're not on the free "student options" for them.

I called up and they upgraded me instantly. Since it doesn't cost any extra, why not?

Got sent one of these in the mail. Platinum mastercard would carry with it a higher merchant rate wouldn't it? I'm guessing that's why they're being so nice :)

looks like you can apply for these through the netbank website,

just curious as I am a student would I be able to obtain it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back