Coles Mastercard/Velocity Explore Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil37

I am thinking of applying for this card to get Explore Gold for 3 months. The terms say (assuming the card is approved) that if I get a certain number of status credits and fly one eligible sector I will then get Velocity Gold for another 12 months.

My question is this: I already have that number of status credits and eligible sectors, and they would still be valid at the end of the 3 months. So is it likely that would qualify me for a further 12 months of Gold, or would I have to start off from scratch and accumulate them during the 3 months I have Explore Gold?

If the former I will probably apply for the card, but if the latter I wouldn't, as I would use free flights from another credit card and frequent flyer points, rather than pay for flights.

Thanks for any assistance.

My question is this: I already have that number of status credits and eligible sectors, and they would still be valid at the end of the 3 months. So is it likely that would qualify me for a further 12 months of Gold, or would I have to start off from scratch and accumulate them during the 3 months I have Explore Gold?

They'll reset your status count to zero from the day Explore Gold becomes active - you'll then need to earn the 80 status credits and 1 sector to retain. If you don't meet the 'challenge' then you'll drop to Silver.

Thanks nicomac. Obviously not the answer I wanted to hear! So I won't bother for now as I won't be flying Virgin for a while. I wonder whether they might repeat the offer next year. Here's hoping!

Can we status match it to another program? I was offered it as part of a recent promotion.not planning on flying much domestically over that period. If I can extend it with another program, then will be of benefit.
I matched my Accor Platinum that used to come with Amex Platinum Charge with Hilton Diamond which I have used so always interested in other similar opportunities.

This looks like a good card for my non amex spending
I looked at the fine print and can't see how many interest free days you get (if there is any?)
Is it the standard 45 day?
cheers

edit:
had to click through to the actual form, then click a popup
"
Maximum 62 days for purchases if you pay your closing balance in full and on time and have paid the previous month's balance in full and on time.

• There is no interest free period on cash advances and balance transfer
  • Interest Free period on Buy Now Pay Later and Interest Free only apply to active promotions
Maximum 62 days for purchases if you pay your closing balance in full and on time and have paid the previous month's balance in full and on time.

• There is no interest free period on cash advances and balance transfer
  • Interest Free period on Buy Now Pay Later and Interest Free only apply to active promotions

Last edited:
I signed up for this promo and have already received the bonus flybuys points after buying a few things. Does anybody know how long it takes for Explore Gold to kick in?

I'm about to travel overseas and would love it if my return flight could be counted towards the 80 SC total required to maintain Gold for an extra year. If not, I might just have to make a few quick trips around the country to make up the total!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back