Citigold 50K QFF Pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
If you have a spare 100K laying around you can open a Citi account and pocket 50K QFF pts for zip. I'll prolly do it but it's just a shame you can't redeem the pts when you want to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 262
If you have a spare 100K laying around you can open a Citi account and pocket 50K QFF pts for zip. I'll prolly do it but it's just a shame you can't redeem the pts when you want to.

So when can you redeem the points? How long do you need to keep the account open with the 100k $ balance?

So when can you redeem the points? How long do you need to keep the account open with the 100k $ balance?
NFI - did you check the link? If you interested fill in details and Citi rep will contact you within 2 business days.

Well so they say - Citi usually pretty reliable! :D

NFI - did you check the link? If you interested fill in details and Citi rep will contact you within 2 business days.

Well so they say - Citi usually pretty reliable! :D

Yes I have and filled in the details. Just thought you'd have some more details because you said its a shame to redeem the points when you want to. I read into this that you may know more.

Yes I have and filled in the details. Just thought you'd have some more details because you said its a shame to redeem the points when you want to. I read into this that you may know more.
OK sorry I meant QF pts in general - not the easiest program to use pts for F seats.

OK sorry I meant QF pts in general - not the easiest program to use pts for F seats.

I agree and had the same experience with J. Ended up getting regular fare to HKG and then EK in J to Europe. I'm happy to leave the 100k in the citi account if it yields 50k points, but it depends also on the interest rate the give compared to what I'm getting now.

I agree and had the same experience with J. Ended up getting regular fare to HKG and then EK in J to Europe. I'm happy to leave the 100k in the citi account if it yields 50k points, but it depends also on the interest rate the give compared to what I'm getting now.
When you sign up you will give them your QF FF no. - 50K pts will direct sweep pretty quickly I assume - generally you need to have 100K in a Citi account for 1 month to qualify as Citigold - I assume it will be something very similar - we will both know if and when they call us.

When you sign up you will give them your QF FF no. - 50K pts will direct sweep pretty quickly I assume - generally you need to have 100K in a Citi account for 1 month to qualify as Citigold - I assume it will be something very similar - we will both know if and when they call us.

Just got the call. Its a 6 month term deposit. 3.95% . Includes a bank account and the platinum credit card. The offer expired on the 5th , but the guy who called me said he'd check to see if they would still accept new applicants.
If you deposit 100k, you get a 50k point bonus.

Ok cool - I had an online saver account with then til only a month or so ago - I will tell them I'll re-open it if they will accept that as the deal - won't be locking 100K away for 3 mths.

You will though - its a 6 month term deposit.
No I won't be - if they don't give me the pts for dropping 100K into an online saver - which if it stays there for a month then qualifies you for Citigold - then I certainly will not be locking it up for 6mths in a term deposit - move on - next possibility please?

No I won't be - if they don't give me the pts for dropping 100K into an online saver - which if it stays there for a month then qualifies you for Citigold - then I certainly will not be locking it up for 6mths in a term deposit - move on - next possibility please?

Yes, from the conversation I had with the guy that rang me, that didn't seem to be the intent of the offer. I think they are looking to lock people in for 6 months.

This process may not be quite as onerous as first appears. I got a call from Citi late Monday and was informed all paperwork had to be finalised before Fri Sept 12 - offer closed 5pm Fri Sept 5. So I had to set up appointment at Citi branch 11am Tue Sept 9 as today flyinng out to USA - no biggie Camberwell branch only 30mins away.

Met in branch rep who claimed to be all over this offer. No prob with opening Online Saver Acc - and she says no need have 100K in Saver acc - she says will upgrade me to Citigold cause I have Select - must admit don't understand that but she was quite firm that all will be ok. So opened Online Saver and transferred $10 across last night.

The 50K bonus is actually on you opening new Signature Card - no biggie filled out applic in branch and hopefully no prob. Rep says she will monitor and ensure I get the 50K pts. I still need to ante up with $49 to link the acc to QFF but hopefully that will be only cost to harvest the 50K pts - will post back re progress.

They never called me back to say whether or not the offer is still active, and they never emailed me the details as promised by the rep.
Can the Signature Card be opened online ?

They never called me back to say whether or not the offer is still active, and they never emailed me the details as promised by the rep.
Can the Signature Card be opened online ?

Looks like it can be opened online, but he fee is $299. So when you apply in the branch, they waive that fee ?

Looks like it can be opened online, but he fee is $299. So when you apply in the branch, they waive that fee ?
Yes I think so - not 100% sure - but either way getting Citi to waive / refund annual fees has never been prob in past IME so am not factoring that in.

This process may not be quite as onerous as first appears. I got a call from Citi late Monday and was informed all paperwork had to be finalised before Fri Sept 12 - offer closed 5pm Fri Sept 5. So I had to set up appointment at Citi branch 11am Tue Sept 9 as today flyinng out to USA - no biggie Camberwell branch only 30mins away.

Met in branch rep who claimed to be all over this offer. No prob with opening Online Saver Acc - and she says no need have 100K in Saver acc - she says will upgrade me to Citigold cause I have Select - must admit don't understand that but she was quite firm that all will be ok. So opened Online Saver and transferred $10 across last night.

The 50K bonus is actually on you opening new Signature Card - no biggie filled out applic in branch and hopefully no prob. Rep says she will monitor and ensure I get the 50K pts. I still need to ante up with $49 to link the acc to QFF but hopefully that will be only cost to harvest the 50K pts - will post back re progress.

hey cruiser - did you end up getting those 50k points? didn't go through the detail but wonder if it was for new customers only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back