CitiBusiness promo points offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibspmuh

I received a card in the mail today from Citibank with a bonus points promo for my CitiBusiness card. Basically, if spending $7,000 or more between 15 August and 15 October then it earns 4,000 bonus points. Nothing earth shattering, but it's the first time in about three years that I've received any bonus points promos from Citibank.

It needs to be registered for by going to Citi Spend Promotion - not sure if that will work for anyone with a CitiBusiness card or just those that are sent the postcard, but never hurts to try!

I just tried my personal card and it said:
Thank you for registering for the Citibank Spend Promotion

Remember that the promotion runs from 15 August until 15 October 2010, so start spending today for your opportunity to be rewarded!

Given I've just spent $4k today, $7k shouldn't be hard to hit........ will be interesting to see if it works.

I only have CitiBank Gold Visa card ATM. The link you provided allowed me to register it as well :)

Not a super special promo but better than nothing!

I only have CitiBank Gold Visa card ATM. The link you provided allowed me to register it as well :)

Not a super special promo but better than nothing!

Did you read the fine print that appeared on registration?

Please note: submitting this registration does not mean that you have qualified for the reward - you must meet the spend criteria specified on the promotional material sent to you by Citibank. We will notify you if you qualify for the reward offered.

Spend $7000 and get 11,000 points (more if you choose the right store as there are bonii to be had)...

But I use SQ... so $7000 on Westpac KF VISA gains 7000 points guaranteed, whereas Citibank with the bonus = 7333 after transfer at 2/3....but I might not get the bonus.

Restriction too with Citibank that you have to transfer in 15000 blocks.

So I will stick to Westpac.

Last edited:
Just received a card with an offer for 5000 bonus points if I spend at least 10,500 between Dec 1 and jan 31

Fingers crossed i can pay a few big bills and scrape in as this is the first time i've seen citibank offer me bonus points like this.

they must be feeling the heat from all the major banks and amex offering heaps of points deals lately.

That's funny, the promo must be targeted based on one's spending pattens or something. I got a card offering 4,500 points for spending $3,500 or more between 1 Dec 2010 and 31 Jan 2011. I put most of my spending on my Amex so don't use my CitiBusiness that much. That might explain my lower target spend?

Anyway, what is funny is that I just put $3,560 on the card a week ago so I've reached that threshold already :cool:

That's funny, the promo must be targeted based on one's spending pattens or something. I got a card offering 4,500 points for spending $3,500 or more between 1 Dec 2010 and 31 Jan 2011. I put most of my spending on my Amex so don't use my CitiBusiness that much. That might explain my lower target spend?

I got the same postcard for my Citibank plat card :) same as you, I'm taking advantage of the hop scotch promo on Amex ATM, so I'll switch back to Citi on Jan 1!

Edit sorry its $4500 for 4500.

Good to see some bonus offers from Citi. I got 4000 points for $2000.

(looking at some of the restaurant offers as well.....)

Good to see some bonus offers from Citi. I got 4000 points for $2000.

I got the same offer in Dec. 4000 bonus points if I spend $2000. 6000 points all all up. this will see my Citibank Card pressed back into service after having goone into limbo once the KF card arrived. Most glad I kept this "free for life" card now rather than cancelling it.

So that will transfer at 4000 points to KF. So I will take it up given that I will stop using my Westpac VISA KF Card as soon as it drops to 0.5/$ earn....meaning that after transfer the Citibank Card will be earning KF points at 0.66 point per $.

I will pre-pay a few bills in March on the KF VISA (ones that cannot be paid by Amex) and then after that will using the Citibank unless another better earning VISA/MC card turns up. 1.0 point earning to QF are not as attractive to ne as 0.66 KF earn.

Anyway, what is funny is that I just put $3,560 on the card a week ago so I've reached that threshold already :cool:

I got one that requires me to spend 10,000 for an extra 5000 points.... not sure if I can make it.
Anyone know a faster way of finding out how much I am off? I can't seem to be able to find the info about the promotion online anymore and I've chucked out my card....

I got one that requires me to spend 10,000 for an extra 5000 points.... not sure if I can make it.
Anyone know a faster way of finding out how much I am off? I can't seem to be able to find the info about the promotion online anymore and I've chucked out my card....

Same here. Even worst is the spend has to be on my wife's card and not mine (I'm the additional card holder) and everytime we buy/pay for something she's too lazy to pay.

I got the same postcard for my Citibank plat card :) same as you, I'm taking advantage of the hop scotch promo on Amex ATM, so I'll switch back to Citi on Jan 1!

Edit sorry its $4500 for 4500.

My bonus 4500 QFF points just posted today.
Thanks citibank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back