Citibank World Privileges - Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I was just checking out this link of Citibank World Privileges offers sent to me by Citibank for my Signature card.
Citibank: Credit and Debit Cards - Offers and Benefits, Australia

The "World" seems to consist of 21 countries on the scroll down list.It doesn't contain anything in north or south America, and the only European country I can see is Russia. Do we have a cut down version of the "World" available to Australians? Or am I at a lesser site?

Some of the hotel offers in say the UAE seem interesting,
Citibank: Credit and Debit Cards - Offers and Benefits, United Arab Emirates

When one checks the terms and conditions on many of the "Hot Offers". one sees that
"Offer is applicable on Citibank Credit or Debit Card."
which I presume means is applicable to the VISA debit card that comes with the Citibank Transaction Account - I may have missed it, but I haven't seen such offers in the advertising emails associated with the Transaction account (all they ever tell me about is getting a fre bottle of wine at various restaurants).

Has anybody used the Transaction account Visa Debit card to try access the offers given to the credit card holders? Has it worked?
Regards,
Renato

Judging from the zero responses, I guess that we either don't have many Signature Card holders here, or if we do, then they don't access the World Privileges feature of the card.

Or that no one wants to talk to me.
Cheers,
Renato

I have a signature card, but to be honest, I only use it when someplace doesnt take Amex. It's a free card for life so I keep it handy. I've never utilised any of its features except cashing in the poor earning rewards points for miles/points.

I guess the answer is that Citibank Australia customers can only access World Privileges in 21 countries. This can be for many reasons, but primarily that Citibank don't offer retail banking in many countries or may not issue credit cards in those countries, or other countries.
Citibank don't have retail branches in a number of European countries.
Given that the Citibank Plus Card is a Visa debit card and can be used in Australia for World Privileges, then it should be able to access World Privileges overseas. But International banking is a funny beast, so don't count on it.
You could check with Citibank, but in all honesty don't rely on the answer.

I have a signature card, but to be honest, I only use it when someplace doesnt take Amex. It's a free card for life so I keep it handy. I've never utilised any of its features except cashing in the poor earning rewards points for miles/points.

Thanks, that's handy having it free - do you get Priority Pass membership with it as well?
Regards,
Renato

I guess the answer is that Citibank Australia customers can only access World Privileges in 21 countries. This can be for many reasons, but primarily that Citibank don't offer retail banking in many countries or may not issue credit cards in those countries, or other countries.
Citibank don't have retail branches in a number of European countries.
Given that the Citibank Plus Card is a Visa debit card and can be used in Australia for World Privileges, then it should be able to access World Privileges overseas. But International banking is a funny beast, so don't count on it.
You could check with Citibank, but in all honesty don't rely on the answer.
Thanks, but Citibank plainly have banking in the USA - and no privileges are offered to us for there.
Obviously never noticed that the Plus Card can be used in Australia for World Privileges.

I just clicked the link I originally posted and see that the number of countries has shrunk to just 13 plus Hong Kong since I first posted this.
And it occurs to me that if I use a VPN and pretend I'm in the USA, I might be able to see what's on offer there. So I'm installing the VPN on this computer now, and will check it out.
Regards,
Renato

P.S. - Despite the VPN, I couldn't access World Privileges on the US site. I kept finding myself on the Australian site, despite having cleared all Cookies and everything else I could think of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back