Citibank Signature 80k QFF signup bonus $299+$49, ends 31/03/14 [Extended - 31/05/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlien

Just noticed this while on the QFF website, I figure i'd put it in its own thread instead of the fee free one as this one would better suit those chasing large sign up bonuses and don't actually need the card, though I imagine most would have signed up for the free one by now!

Linky (QFF)
Linky2 (Citi)

The signature card comes with it's usual compliment of insurances, 55 days interest free, uncapped points earn @ 1ppd on a visa, 2x Priority pass. $299 + $49 for mandatory QFF direct earn opt in ($96 discount on the annual fee)

For 80k points, that's 0.43c per point, which IMHO is a bargain.
Min income is 75k and min credit limit is 15k. Points credit 6-8 week of first purchase (no minimum)

Also available is the select for a 100k QFF bonus, but with no discount on the annual fee which makes it not that great a deal in comparison.
It's only really useful for those that want the select, but that said if you get the select with QFF direct sweep, then you're doing it wrong.

Already got the fee free for life Visa Signature card which perhaps trump this offer.
Credit card companies are really giving out big QF points promos lately. Afraid that QF redemptions will devalue over time with these overly generous miles. One concern is that QF might sink with the current airline condition so, I'm actually trying to use all my QF points quickly before de-valuation or QF go bust... Which explains why I'm moving to MH Enrich (KL being my hometown & MH backed by Malaysian government) for now even though I don't like the condition of 3 year mile expiry and appalling website experience.

Also, won't pay $49 for linking to QF out of principle and locking in. Might as well get QF credit cards from other banks (Westpac Earth, ANZ QF, NAB QF, Amex QF, Bankwest QF etc.)

Agree with your points, the fee free is certainly a better deal for those who want (and will use) the card.

This is geared more towards those that just want the signup bonus, which is the selling point of this offer.

As for enrich, i am in the same boat, the misses is from KL and I find myself flying there regularly for weddings (including my own), birthdays, CNY, etc.

Not sure how much the 80k is really worth before the 28th Feb

Not sure how much the 80k is really worth before the 28th Feb

Good call. Let's wait for the H1 results and any new "enhancements" before signing up. But in the meantime it looks to be a stonkingly good offer. One question though... what does "eligible spend" mean? They don't seem to define it on either the QF or Citi websites for the card.

Good call. Let's wait for the H1 results and any new "enhancements" before signing up. But in the meantime it looks to be a stonkingly good offer. One question though... what does "eligible spend" mean? They don't seem to define it on either the QF or Citi websites for the card.

I don't get the impression that there is any requirement, could just buy a 30c cone from McD

Applied last night - conditionally approved online - received email o/n seeking copies of Drivers Licence / Passport / last 2 Tax Assess - just received phone call this morn from Citi - they have 'recognised' me as existing customer so no need send docs now - applic will be forwarded to Credit Dept and if approved will receive Welcome Package in mail in 4 to 5 working days.

WOW - imagine that - a PAINLESS & STRESS FREE application process with Citibank - is that like the first time in eternity or what?

And just received this email from Citibank:

Dear Cruiser
I am delighted to advise that your new SIGNATURE CARD application has been approved. Everything you need to start using your account - your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and account guide - will be with you shortly.
Your new SIGNATURE CARD offers you a range of benefits including greater security for your card and your purchases and better ways to manage your money, both online and over the phone. You can manage your account at any time day or night by visiting
www.citibank.com.au or calling 13 24 84.
We will send you details of your approved credit limit in the mail with your credit card. The credit limit we offer you will be based on our assessment of your capacity and may be lower than your maximum credit limit, if you wrote one on your application form.
Thank you for choosing SIGNATURE CARD.
Yours sincerely

Credit Operations Team

AMAZING!!!

Applied last night - conditionally approved online - received email o/n seeking copies of Drivers Licence / Passport / last 2 Tax Assess - just received phone call this morn from Citi - they have 'recognised' me as existing customer so no need send docs now - applic will be forwarded to Credit Dept and if approved will receive Welcome Package in mail in 4 to 5 working days.

WOW - imagine that - a PAINLESS & STRESS FREE application process with Citibank - is that like the first time in eternity or what?

That does seem unusually painless. Though, it could be that because you're paying for this one they're a bit easier?

I guess the holy grail would be to bag the 80k points, and then manage to negotiate to transfer the plan over to the free for life.

That does seem unusually painless. Though, it could be that because you're paying for this one they're a bit easier?

I guess the holy grail would be to bag the 80k points, and then manage to negotiate to transfer the plan over to the free for life.
I have no interest in keeping the card - I already have Select - but 80K pts for $299 is a steal.

And just received this email from Citibank:

Dear Cruiser
I am delighted to advise that your new SIGNATURE CARD application has been approved. Everything you need to start using your account - your Personal Identification Number (PIN) and account guide - will be with you shortly.
Your new SIGNATURE CARD offers you a range of benefits including greater security for your card and your purchases and better ways to manage your money, both online and over the phone. You can manage your account at any time day or night by visiting
www.citibank.com.au or calling 13 24 84.
We will send you details of your approved credit limit in the mail with your credit card. The credit limit we offer you will be based on our assessment of your capacity and may be lower than your maximum credit limit, if you wrote one on your application form.
Thank you for choosing SIGNATURE CARD.
Yours sincerely

Credit Operations Team

AMAZING!!!

That sounds just a little too easy...

Are you sure you will get the 80k points? Its only for new customers per T&C's

1. The bonus 80,000 Qantas Points offer is available to new Citibank Credit Cardholders who apply for the Citibank Signature Credit Card by 31 March 2014, are approved and make an eligible purchase within three months of Card approval. Qantas Points will ordinarily be credited within 6-8 weeks of making an eligible purchase. This Promotion applies to retail purchases, excluding bonus partners, cash advances, refunds, balance transfers and special promotions.

Are you sure you will get the 80k points? Its only for new customers per T&C's

1. The bonus 80,000 Qantas Points offer is available to new Citibank Credit Cardholders who apply for the Citibank Signature Credit Card by 31 March 2014, are approved and make an eligible purchase within three months of Card approval. Qantas Points will ordinarily be credited within 6-8 weeks of making an eligible purchase. This Promotion applies to retail purchases, excluding bonus partners, cash advances, refunds, balance transfers and special promotions.
You are never sure of anything with Citibank - but when card arrives before I activate I will clarify bonus points with them.

Now I am in a dilemma, not sure to get the fee free for life signature or this qf deal......

Now I am in a dilemma, not sure to get the fee free for life signature or this qf deal......

Simple really, if you plan on using the signature card for the long term then go for the free one.
If you already have a compliment of cards and the signature poses not much utility value, then just go for the points.

It also depends on how much you value the points and how much you value the card, say you valued the points at 2c per point

Option 1
80k QFF bonus
Value to you : 80k x 2c = $1,600
Less the cost of the card, the immediate value would be $1,250

Option 2
How much do you value the card, ask yourself whether you would sign up to the card for $350 a year if the free deal wasn't available?
If you answer something like "no, because I have a EDR card that only costs $89 a year" then this card is only really going to be worth about $50/yr to you (as the QFF direct earn free for life will still cost you $50 a year for QFF opt in) in which case it'd take 25 years before option 2 offers better benefit than option 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back