Citibank plus ATM locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankS82

Hi guys ,

Travelling overseas in the next few months and im Just having a look around now to see where i can withdraw cash for free with my citibank card in Europe as ill be travelling to Germany , Italy and Greece.

I cant seem to find any info online in regards to locations of citibank ATMS . is there Anyone with some info in regards to these 3 countries ? Are there any atms that offer free withdrawals? or does everything incur a fee ..

thanks for your help
Frank

I'm having similar issues finding info on citibank ATMs for France, Belgium and Turkey. The online citibank locator is next to useless.

Why do you need a Citibank ATM?
There is no surcharge throughout most of Europe and I suspect Citi doesn't have branches in many of those countries

True. No real need. Just adds a little bit of certainty, I suppose.

In searching for atm locations there have been a couple of stories of French ATMs taking cards and not giving the cash.

I used their mobile website while in the US (from an android phone). In all cases, they directed me to an ATM that warned me about a fee, but I was never charged the fee on my statement.

3 random French ATMs both fine for me. Also random ATMs in Turkey x 2 both ok, no fees on any,

On our recent trip to the UK and parts of Europe I simply used whatever ATM was convenient at the time, except for the first one that I found in Hanover, which warned me about an ATM fee. (Only took about a minute to find another, which was fee-free.)

Twelve withdrawals in total. No fees. All good. :D

EDIT: I found that most ATM's will warn you that your card provider might charge you a fee. You can happily continue; it's only the fees from the ATM provider that you have to watch for.

Last edited:
There's a thread here reporting people's experiences with non Citibank ATMs , fees etc. Mostly no fees around the world (Thailand a consistent exception). On my phone, so can't find the thread to link, sorry

And I think basically countries to watch for:
Australia, United States, Canada,
Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Myanamar, PNG

And some machines in UK (mostly third party in off licenses), Germany and Spain

I'm having similar issues finding info on citibank ATMs for France, Belgium and Turkey. The online citibank locator is next to useless.

I've generally found the ATM locator on their web site to be very good. Obviously, YMHV.

I've generally found the ATM locator on their web site to be very good. Obviously, YMHV.

Indeed. Multiple search attempts to be told Paris France can't be found. Even after I change my location to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back