Citibank Plat VISA 60 K , May 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetravellingoz

Enthusiast
bonus rewards points

T&C
Citibank Platinum Credit CardFees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply and are available upon request.Subject to your acceptance you will be billed an annual account fee which is currently $250 for the Primary Citibank Platinum Credit Card and $90 for an Additional Citibank Platinum Credit Card. Allow up to 15 working days to process your Application subject to verification.
1. To be eligible for the 60,000 bonus Citibank reward points you need to apply for the Citibank Platinum Credit Card before 31 May 2011 and make a retail purchase with your card prior to 31 October 2011. This promotion excludes ATM cash advances, balance transfers and special promotions. The bonus points will be awarded on the next statement cycle, following your first retail purchase.

etc

Same offer at platinum_credit_card

Features:
  • 60,000 bonus points after first spend of $1000 before 31/10/2011.
  • $250 annual fee inc. Citibank Rewards Program membership.
  • $49 option to join Citibank Qantas Rewards Program membership (prevents particpations in the Citibank Rewards Program.
  • $90 for additional cards
  • 1 FF point per $1 spend
  • 120k cap p.a.
  • $100k credit limit
  • 2.9% on balance transfers for 12 months
I'm looking for an alternative to my ANZ Qantas Visa Platinum Card as this card lost value when it changed to 1 point per $2 spent. My annual charge for this card is $210 inc. one additional card and Qantas rewards (was upgraded from gold at the gold rates sometime back).

To change to Citi will cost an additional $179 p.a. for one additional card and Qantas rewards.

Annual spend on Visa is approx $40k = 20k points (I spend about the same on a seperate AMEX at the 1.5 point per $1 earn rate).

So based on the annual spend, I'll pay $179 p.a. to receive the addtional 20k points, plus of course the 60k points in the first year. That works out at $0.0089 per point p.a., but $0.0022 in the the first year with the 60k bonus.

The only other 1 point for $1 Platinum Visa I can see at the moment is Suncorp's which is run by Citi. Their cost is $239 p.a inc. the additional card and Qantas rewards. There is currently a half price introductory offer on the primary card; 1st year total cost would be $136. No bonus point offers.

Compared to ANZ the $29 increase for the 20k points equals $0.0001 per point. The first year would be the 20k additional points at a saving of $74.

It would appear to me that if I want some bonus points then taking out a Citi card for one year at 0.0022 per point would be worthwhile based on average point costs, and then switch to Suncorp, provided things don't change. Otherwise straight to Suncorp.

I'd be interested in Member's thoughts, opinions etc.

Thanks in advance

Just wondering, what are the differences between this offer and the 50k plat visa offer? Both have the same fees $250+49. Are both bonus points with Citibank, or can they be QFF?

The only other 1 point for $1 Platinum Visa I can see at the moment is Suncorp's which is run by Citi. Their cost is $239 p.a inc. the additional card and Qantas rewards. There is currently a half price introductory offer on the primary card; 1st year total cost would be $136. No bonus point offers.

The Woolworths Everyday Rewards Mastercard also earns 1 point per $1 and is also Platinum as well (even if it takes a magnifying glass to identify it as such :p). At $89 per year and no additional cost for a second card it's the best value on the market at the moment for earning QFF points. If you want a second card just be sure to apply using the paper form rather than doing it online.

argh... I only got my Citi business gold 3 months ago so they won't let me apply for this one until 6 months later... very sad...

question... is there anything wrong with my dad signing up for the card and then transferring the points over to me at a later date?

question... is there anything wrong with my dad signing up for the card and then transferring the points over to me at a later date?

You can't do that within Citibank.

But once at Qnats you can doa family transfer.

At SQ you cannot family transfer, but could have him redeema flight in your name.

Interesting.
Personal Banking | Suncorp Bank

You can get points to Krisfyer with suncoro..

I note that it has QF at 1;1 for Plat and 3;2 For Gold.

But what is the transfer rate for Krisflyer?

You can't do that within Citibank.

But once at Qnats you can doa family transfer.

At SQ you cannot family transfer, but could have him redeema flight in your name.

Yeah that was the plan. transfer after it's in his QF account... I was just worried the points would transfer as a special type of points that can't be transferred...

i think i read somewhere in the terms you can if both are family members with citirewards but you need to request it in writing. does anyone know if some one already with a citi credit card other then a platinum are allowed to apply for this offer and will qualify for the 60k points?

The Woolworths Everyday Rewards Mastercard also earns 1 point per $1 and is also Platinum as well (even if it takes a magnifying glass to identify it as such :p). At $89 per year and no additional cost for a second card it's the best value on the market at the moment for earning QFF points. If you want a second card just be sure to apply using the paper form rather than doing it online.

Where, pray tell does one get this paper form for an additional card?

fail...

my gf applied for the card only asking for a credit limit of 5k... so she got downgraded to a gold... ><

she cancelled it all... wonder if she can do another application later...

fail...

my gf applied for the card only asking for a credit limit of 5k... so she got downgraded to a gold... ><

she cancelled it all... wonder if she can do another application later...

plat carries a min credit limit of 15k i believe

Min limit of $6K, and as Citi also assists with the Virgin Money card they may split your limits between the two.

for citibank you need to wait 9 months before you can apply for another credit card if you already hold one and 6 months if you have done a credit limit increase. but she is best to call up and explain and try to covert the gold to a platinum. also i though the minium limit for a platinum with cB is $8000 or $5000 if you are a citigold client. I am going to try and find out if a citigold relationship manager can waive the annaul fee and if you would still qualify for the 60k bonus points. does anyone know if its possible?

Re: Citibank Plat VISA 60 K , May 31 - 60k CANT BE CONVERTED TO QFF

Guys
Just thought id let you all know that the 60k points CANNOT be converted to Qantas Frequent Flyers or any other type of airline rewards points.

I just got off the phone with Citibank and they confirmed this. There goes my chance of getting a business class one way to Bangkok (60k points) for the cost a $250 annual fee!

djjk

Guys
Just thought id let you all know that the 60k points CANNOT be converted to Qantas Frequent Flyers or any other type of airline rewards points.

I just got off the phone with Citibank and they confirmed this. There goes my chance of getting a business class one way to Bangkok (60k points) for the cost a $250 annual fee!

djjk

WHAT!#@$@#!$@#$!$@%???

this can't be right... for an extra 49 dollars to link with QF it was suppose to be all good...

Guys

djjk

think your statement is incorrect according to this...

Frequent Flyer - Member Specials - Pay - Citibank

^^ That is for the separate 50K QFF points offer, not the 60K Citibank rewards point offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back