Citibank Online: new card new account. Seriously!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzyss

About a month ago I took up the free upgrade offer from Citibank Gold to Citibank Rewards Platinum. Rah rah when I got the new card I have to register with Citibank Online to check my transactions etc. Forgot to do this until recently, when I suddenly realise that I haven't, and went to the URL to register.

I then discovered that I don't seem to be able to attach the new card to the old account - I have to register are new account entirely! That is simply prepostrous. Am I missing something here?

Can somebody confirm/deny this?

Confirmed. This is what I do..

1. Log into old account and change the username to anything other than your current username (doesn't matter, you'll never use it again)
2. Create new account, using the old username but new card number

This way you don't have to remember a new username.

That is odd, i upgraded to a citibusiness gold and they just added the new card to my existing account...took awhile though.

Sent from my HTC Legend using AustFreqFly

1. Log into old account and change the username to anything other than your current username (doesn't matter, you'll never use it again)

I had the same issue. Wish I'd thought about changing my old username :(

That is odd, i upgraded to a citibusiness gold and they just added the new card to my existing account...took awhile though.

Sent from my HTC Legend using AustFreqFly

Did you use your Citibank ATM or bank account number when you first registered? If yes, all accounts (including new credit cards) will show up on your internet banking account.

If you registered using credit card number, you would need to create a new UserID for any new or upgraded credit cards.

Win! Thanks, that's truly excellent - wouldn't've thought of that.

EDIT: just did this with great success. The stupidest part is that the new account actually includes the histories from all your previous/old accounts as well.

Last edited:
Hiya.

Just wanted to know if your automatic direct debits were still in place, or if Citibank needed you to complete a new form?

Cheers.

Hiya.

Just wanted to know if your automatic direct debits were still in place, or if Citibank needed you to complete a new form?

Cheers.

If you mean the direct debit to pay your credit card off each month, yes it stays in place.

Yeah. Sorry, should have said easy pay. I had a chance to call today and speak to someone there to confirm it too...

Sent from my iPad using AustFreqFly app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back