Citibank Gold finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorja Brown

Dear All,

I have such trouble accessing info here since the format change. Recently signed up for Citibank Gold - they no longer earn FF points much to my surprise. Double checked info on this website and still advertising 1 point =1FF. Not what they're telling me. Also Earth Amex very good earner, except delay in earning the bonus 1.5 points on top of 1.5 normal points. Promise is around 6 weeks, but have been waiting since November for some allocation. The only accounting is in my FF account and who do I call to get action?? Earth say FF and FF say Earth. Hmmmmm.

Hello Jorja Brown, and welcome to Australian Frequent Flyer.

I have moved your thread to the Credit Card forum since it is specifically about credit card points earning. I assume you are referring to transfers of points to your Qantas frequent flyer account.

Re Citibank, I understand the Gold CC will continue to allow transfers to Qantas FF through until the end of March. After that time, you will need the Citibank Platinum CC and have to pay a $19 fee (annual I think) to allow QFF earning from Citibane. Citibank recently upgraded many people who had Gold cards to platinum cards for free. But I think you had to have held the Gold card for a minimum period of time to be offered the upgrade.

Re Earth bonus points, you need to establish if Earth believe they have initiated the transfer of points to Qantas yet. Only Earth can tell you that. If they have initiated the transfer in the promised timeframe (6-8 weeks from November) and they have not arrived into your QFF account yet, then you need to make sure they have the correct details (FF membership number and name). I would be asking some very specific questions of Earth at this point, about exactly when they initiated the transfer of points to QFF (date, amount etc) and the specific QFF account details they have on record for you.

there have been a couple of threads about issues with earth platinum I'll post a link when back on a computer in the morning.

Here is the link to the other thread:
http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/community/westpac-earth/earth-plat-what-points-dont-15303-3.html

Note that the extra points are suppose to take 6 to 8 weeks to post. In your case, that time has past and if your still missing points I'd suggest lodging a complaint via the westpac website.

https://www.westpac.com.au/Forms/single_page_forms.nsf/f_customerServiceFeedbackServiceProblem

I had the same situation with odd amounts of points missing from October and November. I put in the compliant at exactly 8 weeks from the end of November. That got the points coming in. But then strangely the missing points from October were also credited with the bonus points for December. A complaint will speed things up but I also suspect they are going through and double checking the points as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, and especially for the link to Westpac. It seems unreasonable to me that I should work so hard to get what they promised to give me! It's just bad business. Have also discovered other threads re problems and don't feel so alone, but still nonplussed and annoyed:shock:

Thanks for that, and especially for the link to Westpac. It seems unreasonable to me that I should work so hard to get what they promised to give me! It's just bad business. Have also discovered other threads re problems and don't feel so alone, but still nonplussed and annoyed:shock:
Yeah it is pretty unfortunate. I think that someone at Westpac just stuffed up when setting up the platinum card. For me the hardest bit was filling the the complaint form. After that Westpac have been very good in making contact and keeping me up to date. I haven't had to ring them at all. So, while it's annoying, at least it is relatively painless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back