Citibank Gold Business Card Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesD

I have just applied for a Citibank Gold Business card and had a couple of queries:

1. Has anyone managed to get their company / business name put on the actual card (either with or without your personal name)? Citibank emailed me saying this was possible when I queried it prior to making an application for the card, however, now it has been approved they are telling me it is not possible and that only a personal name can be put on the card.

2. As the cap is 60,000 points; has anyone had the annual fee waived by only spending $60,000?

Thanks.

The points cap is actually 80,000 on the Citibusiness card.

If you're lucky enough to earn bonus points these are not included in the cap.

I've read that some people have been able to earn over the cap on other CB cards, so you might be lucky.

I've not tried me luck to see if I could get the annual fee waived by threatening to leave. Been pretty happy with the card, esp with the fact I can use the points with QF, SQ, DJ - it's the only card left that gives you the choice.

That makes perfect sense. Someone has to sign for the C/C, which is why you have to have your name on it.

The points cap is actually 80,000 on the Citibusiness card.

If you're lucky enough to earn bonus points these are not included in the cap.

I've read that some people have been able to earn over the cap on other CB cards, so you might be lucky.

I've not tried me luck to see if I could get the annual fee waived by threatening to leave. Been pretty happy with the card, esp with the fact I can use the points with QF, SQ, DJ - it's the only card left that gives you the choice.

Thanks for that Jeff.

Although I can't help myself when it comes to trying get the fee waived each year. In addition I will be using the card for ATO tax payments so with the ATO fee the cost of the points starts to build.

I've managed to have the fee waived, though only the primary card fee, not the supplimentary card fee.

I've managed to have the fee waived, though only the primary card fee, not the supplimentary card fee.

How did you get yours waived? Mine was waived through a mistake they made, and the fee free for life was the compensation.

How did you get yours waived? Mine was waived through a mistake they made, and the fee free for life was the compensation.

For me it's calling up and saying I wanted to cancel the card, so I have to do that every year, it's not an automatic waiver unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back