Citibank Emirates Platinum - Points cap query

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyC

Established Member
Hopefully a relatively straight forward question - is the Emirates Platinum card points cap of 150,000 inclusive or exclusive of the bonus points? It's not clear to me in the terms and conditions. The gentleman has one of these cards and is at his 150,000 limit and we are trying to figure out if he should have also got another 25,000 as bonus sign on or if that is already included in the 150,000 limit. Thanks :)

PS He has logged a query with Citibank but I thought I might get a quicker response here

LadyC I think the bonus is separate but I will look forward to your response from Citi. We try not to have any capped cards but we have one from Bank West Platinum.
Where can Emirates take you with 150,000 points in J ?

Cove, I'll let you know what they come back with. The initial reaction is that the bonus points are on top of the cap but until they are in his account, I won't believe it! The 150,000 points already earned plus the bonus plus some other straggler points from flights a few years ago (totalling over 180,000 points) is enough to get the two of us business saver tickets from Melbourne to Singapore return. As an aside, once the bonus points issue is resolved, he is closing that card and has already applied for a Citi Select because it is uncapped and the 80,000 point bonus doesn't hurt either! I must say thank you directly as it is many of your posts and blog comments that have helped him make the most of points earning (as he runs his own business). :)

Yes Citi Select is very good for high expenditures and also for warehousing points to avoid expiration in the case of SQ kris points.
I am pleased you liked the blog. All done with one or two fingers.
AFF has been really interesting and some posters have really changed our lives when it comes to quality travel.

Just a quick update - after some argy bargy with Citibank about it (them claiming he wasn't eligible for the points as there was no bonus offering at the time which was not true), they have confirmed the bonus points are extra and he is entitled to 40,000 of them. So once they are transferred into his account, I think booking a trip to Singapore is in order! Happy days :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back