CitiBank Double Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00dz

Just got email for me:

:D :D OMG Im going broke buying gift cards!!

>> Spend on your Citi Rewards Signature Credit Card ending in xx_x on any supermarket purchases in February and we'll double your reward points1.
>> This is available up to a total of 10,000 bonus points, after which your regular points earn rate will apply. Excludes International and Bonus Partner transactions.

I get 1.5points per spend on my signature card.

So gotta spend like $3334 and get 10k citibank points

So gotta spend like $3334 and get 10k citibank points

I don't value citi points at all, other than 'better than nowt'. Transfer rate to airlines stinks.

Even with the promo, you're better off using Edge.

I do not know what you burn you points on, but I always rate my spend based on what number of points will land in my Krisflyer Account, rather than the points the card earns at.

For Supermarket spend 3 Citipoints are not worth to me on this basis as much as 3 Amex MR points per $ (at 5% off via cashrewards) or 4 Amex MR points per $ if used direct.

I dont have edge.

Better than zero points right on this offer?

Even with the promo, you're better off using Edge.
Except for places that don't take Amex and/or don't get 3ppd, don't get me wrong, I use Edge extensively where I can to get 3ppd but there are still places I need to use Visa/MasterCard. And yes I have been following the buy a giftcard thread but there are times when this is just too much hard work, this will fill that gap.

Except for places that don't take Amex and/or don't get 3ppd, don't get me wrong, I use Edge extensively where I can to get 3ppd but there are still places I need to use Visa/MasterCard. And yes I have been following the buy a giftcard thread but there are times when this is just too much hard work, this will fill that gap.

Yep 100% agreement.

But the OP was talking about using his Citi Signature at the supermarket. Assuming he's in it for the FF points, he's better off using Edge than the Signature as the transfer to airlines is better.

Turns out he's (my assumption he is a he - apols if that's not correct) one of few that don't have an Edge card. That may make it worthwhile for him to indulge Citi's offer relative to earn rates on his other card holdings. Anyone buying stacks of GCs at the supermarkets are missing out by not using Edge.

I'm on the Qantas points option with my Signature card - no special offer to me so far.
Regards,
Renato

That's right I do not have a Edge >.<

So this is pretty good, plus I can spend on gc's and win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back