Citibank Card Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippin_the_rift

Established Member
Do you notice card security picking up normal transactions as suspicious?

Every ~2months they block my card for a very normal transaction and today they blocked it for a $70 woolworths transaction from a week ago, of which there are 5-10 exactly the same each week.

Well trippin maybe they want you to get higher over $30 to help you earn more points as the first $30 doesn't count.
Why not try using this card to buy Woolies Gift cards so you get a well deserved extra 5% off and that will throw card security. Go National Seniors,Entertainment book,RAA (SA)or RACWA (WA).
My card security calls stopped but they were ATO payment related with my last one over 90 days ago.

They gave me a scare on the weekend calling to confirm a payment I've made on the card for $10.

Do you notice card security picking up normal transactions as suspicious?

Every ~2months they block my card for a very normal transaction and today they blocked it for a $70 woolworths transaction from a week ago, of which there are 5-10 exactly the same each week.

I know you're overseas now ... perhaps you were blocked for usage overseas, but the first "suspicious" transaction occurred at Woolies.

Amex did something similar to me recently. One transaction I made tipped them over the "fraud barrier", but they had noted at least two suspicious transactions before that event.

Haven't had any problems with my Citibusiness Gold card. However, they cancelled one of my additional card holder's card and sent a new one due to a suspicious transaction, but couldn't tell me what transaction it was or the nature of the transaction. :shock:

When attempting a credit limit increase this week with my partner she failed to answer some security questions that I had put in place from her application. It didnt help the fact that I must have put in a wrong mothers maiden name and she could not remember how I had paid the ATO.
Had to send a letter with all sorts of info to fix the problem I created but at least they did not halt her card from working.

I know you're overseas now ... perhaps you were blocked for usage overseas, but the first "suspicious" transaction occurred at Woolies.

Amex did something similar to me recently. One transaction I made tipped them over the "fraud barrier", but they had noted at least two suspicious transactions before that event.

They went through about 4 transactions that were flagged. All totally normal charges that come up once or twice a week. I would have thought some French transactions would trigger it too, but apparently they were fine!

ANZ decided to kill my cards off just as I was departing AU, which left me with no credit cards for a short while...

I've had a couple of calls from Citi's security team over the past few months (re transactions ranging from completely innocuous to ones where I can see why they might think it was suspicious), but no flat-out card blocks. Last card block was when I first used my CBG in Vietnam in April last year - after I'd called them to tell them I was going there!

So, not the same experience as you, but definitely more calls - maybe they've tweaked their fraud detection algorithms and made them a little to paranoid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back