Citibank 70,000 QFF points $149 annual fee first year 0% BT for 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scr77

Established Member
As recently listed on Ozbargin:

Link to Citibank Page: Qantas

Receive 70,000 bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you spend $3,000 or more within 90 days from card approval with a reduced annual fee of $99 in the first year ($395 normally) + $49 Citi Qantas Rewards Program fee.
If the above link does not work, contact 13 24 84 to apply over the phone.
Earn 1 Qantas Point for every dollar spent up to $3,000 and then 0.5 Qantas Points thereafter (capped at $10,000 spend per statement period) for domestic purchases and 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent internationally uncapped.
Offers
- Save with 0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership and two airport lounge visits per year. (More information: https://www.prioritypass.com/)
- Complimentary international travel insurances including Transit Accident Insurance and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance.
- Free bottle of award winning wine every time you dine at hundreds of participating restaurants with the Citibank Dining Program.
Conditions
Minimum Income: $75,000
Minimum Credit Limit: $15,000
New Cards Customers only

I would strongly caution anyone thinking about this offer.

CititBank are absolutely hopeless. Genuinely inept. A complete nightmare to deal with.

Check the various threads featuring previous offerings from this bank. You'll soon see that almost everyone has a negative experience with them.

As much as I like cheap/free points, I'll NEVER deal with CitiBank again.

Be warned. It's just not worth the hassle!

Last edited:
I'll be all over this like a cheap suit - I just love plucking sign on bonii from Citi - and regardless what others say I would prefer to view dealing with Citi as 'an interesting challenge'!

Last edited:
I've gone through the process twice and currently nearing the end of my third zero interest 12 month balance transfer with them. Have never had a problem and just wish I could become a new customer once again to take advantage of this offer.

Fee free for life but to keep my options open may in fact close my account at the end of the interest free period. If I did it before this offer ends, I wonder if I could reapply under this offer???

They are very bad.

Suggest you read the negative comments in this thread - which was the last deal they offered:

http://www.australianfrequentflyer....citibank-qantas-signature-60-000-a-70025.html

You'll notice many negative experiences reported from members. I couldn't see one positive experience reported.

They are worse than very bad Betty. They are abysmal.

I regard myself as very proficient in picking good valued deals to gather points from and I know that CitiBank just isn't worth it. Don't waste your time.

That thread is a great place to start. I know I reported my experiences there in detail.

From memory there are several other threads with equally compelling stories of just how bad CitiBank are. Their mantra is 'try to cheat the customer if possible and if not possible make things as difficult as you possible can'.

Overall my view was the headache caused in fighting for the points (and yes you will have to fight for them) was not worth the trouble when there were just as many similar deals available (and often better ones) where there were less/no dramas involved.

Last edited:
FWIW I have held Prestige for years - have taken up a number of other Citi cards over the journey and have always received sign on bonus when technically not a new customer - I have no hesitation in relieving Citi of some of their points. Last offer I took up was much more difficult than this in that youi had to spend 3K/mth over 6mths to get bonus 10K pts/mth up to max 60K pts - that took a bit of work - this new one is a no brainer. As always - 'If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen then don't take up cooking!'

Apparently according to posts on ozbargain, its for new card holders only.

For those who have the Prestige, is it worth the extra $250. I would need to get at least $400 of value to make it worthwhile. I will not keep it after the first year as $700 is a little steep for my usage of the card.

Apparently according to posts on ozbargain, its for new card holders only.
IME makes little diff whether you are existing customer or not when applying for another Citi card - same like AMEX - bonus pts usually flow anyway.

Has anyone actually been able to apply for this card? The link from the original poster has shown a 404 error for me since it was originally posted - looking through the ozbargain site where it was originally sourced it seems people have the same problem.

Doesn't bode well!!

Has anyone actually been able to apply for this card? The link from the original poster has shown a 404 error for me since it was originally posted - looking through the ozbargain site where it was originally sourced it seems people have the same problem.

Doesn't bode well!!

Yep, just tried it and I got:

"We're sorry![h=3]Something has gone wrong at our end.[/h]
err-404.png
Technical Error Code: 404"

Not surprised, CitiBank couldn't run a chook raffle. Just wait to see the drama you'll have when you try to call them after they fail to honour their promises.

Just don't waste your time with them.

It just worked for me Pierre - and my advice is to just ignore the naysayers - this is an extremely attractive offer - and Citi and no better or worse than other banks to deal with.

Yep, just tried it and I got:

"We're sorry!Something has gone wrong at our end.

err-404.png
Technical Error Code: 404"

Not surprised, CitiBank couldn't run a chook raffle. Just wait to see the drama you'll have when you try to call them after they fail to honour their promises.

Just don't waste your time with them.

Yes, not working for me either. Just tried it on 2 different browsers.

Agree With Dr Ralph, not worth the drama. I know from personal experience how bad Citi are.

Citibank is the only bank that gave me a runaround on a cc application and then turned me down. I have an aversion to them.

Yes, not working for me either. Just tried it on 2 different browsers.

Agree With Dr Ralph, not worth the drama. I know from personal experience how bad Citi are.

Oh ok - now I see same error also - worked fine for applic for Cruiserette but now keeps giving error when I try to do applic for myself - guess we will just monitor and apply when link works again. Offer is still too good to miss - but as always if it doesn't suit then steer clear.

Hi all,

After a look round the web for other links to this offer all I can find is this:

https://www.citibank.com.au/aus/credit_cards/cards_signatureqde.htm

50k points for $249 fee after $2k spend - I wonder if this has replaced the 70k offer that started the thread? That would explain the apparently broken link. There is also a prestige version offering 70k points on first card spend, but that comes with a $750 annual fee - ludicrous.

Okely dokely I have done a bit of research on this - I called Prestige Priority who put me through to Applications - Applications tell me the reason the link does not work in most cases is because this offer of 70K sign on bonus pts is indeed not an 'online' offer and that applies must be done over 'phone'.

BUT - they have had a number of instances where link has worked and applications have been completed 'online' but she thinks these have actually defaulted to the 50K bonus offer. They can identify which applications have come via the link and are in process of contacting those applicants to complete the 'phone' application.

Offer is open til 31/07/2016 - agent found Cruiserette's applic I made day or so ago and will cancel that - she has scheduled call back to me for 10am 06/07/2016 by which time we are back in MEL and we will complete both applications then.

So to Pierre and others you will need to contact Citi CC Applications by phone if you want to proceed. As always with Citi and most other banks next time you call back you might get different agent with totally different response - it all makes up 'the rich tapestry of life' huh guys!

Thanks for the information Cruiser.

A phone application rapidly pushes this over the threshold of aggravation to which I am prepared to submit myself, especially given the history of this particular provider.

I am particularly puzzled because I would assume that pushing new accounts through a call centre would only serve to increase Citi's customer acquisition costs and introduce the data quality risks inherent in a human to human interaction.

I think I'll sit this one out until I've seen some positive reports - so let us know how it goes for you.

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back