Choosing a cc for overseas use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maisy33

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I’m a novice when it comes to being money savvy. I have been using my 28 degree m/c quite happily but then someone mentioned getting a better cc that can earn me QF flyer points. I pay my son’s rent overseas each month so I guess I should be making the card work better for me. I’m just a regular mum without a high paying job. Any advice gratefully received.
Thank you.

I like the Coles MasterCard for overseas spend, but it goes to flybuys or virgin velocity points. Only has a $99 annual fee.

I hope this is true. Would mean 1 QFF point per dollar overseas with no international fees on the Macquarie Black card

Macquarie Bank cancels Hilton Honors Visa credit card

As part of the changes, Macquarie Bank will also remove the 3% international transaction fee from all of its Macquarie-branded credit cards, for purchases made from July 1 2019.

This includes the Macquarie Bank Rewards Black and Platinum Visas, the Macquarie Black and Platinum Visas with Qantas Points, and other cards like the bank's Rate Saver lines, Macquarie Bank has confirmed to Australian Business Traveller.

Appreciate everyone’s input. Off to do some research.

Bear in mind that you need to turn over $20,000 to earn enough points to offset a $100 annual fee (not exactly, there are exceptions, but thats just a starting point to give you an idea)

Go to finder.com.au for comparisons also, look for points earnings cards that do not have an Annual fee. Thats a great place to start from if you have never earned points before.

and you can earn QFF on a Bankwest Debit card too. No credit card necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back