Choices of Credit cards available for SPG and Hilton HHonors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coles525

Established Member
Will try to keep it short, in the attachment provided; the crossed out cards are ones I can't get approval for. I'm looking / hoping for a card that could get me SPG points (to maby then transfer to ff providers, otherwise future hotel bookings). I'm also wondering if HHonors allows points transfer to ff programs, or if points automatically expire after a time limit? As I would hardly stay at Hilton.

Should I even bother applying for an amex, or Macquarie HH card, as I was rejected for a DJ card less then 3 months ago? I might try for the Coles $89 cc, which has no xe fees when overseas.

CC's earning hotel points.png

. I'm also wondering if HHonors allows points transfer to ff programs, or if points automatically expire after a time limit? As I would hardly stay at Hilton.

Hilton points can be transferred to Qantas, but it is 10,000 HHonors points to 1,500 Qantas Points, which is less than amazing!

As long as most of the places you spend at accept AMEX, in my personal opinion that would be the way to go, as your potential earn rate is much higher.

The Edge is a great choice of card, especially if you spend a reasonable amount at supermarkets (or can buy gift card / prepaid credit cards from there to use elsewhere) or on petrol. I think the Edge's minimum income requirement is $50k (for the household). If you do go ahead I'd recommend applying through a referral link - based on my experience, either directly or helping others, AMEX seem to approve apps through referral links very readily. I've never actually been asked for a proof of income when using a referral link, so I'm not sure how stringent they are.

I'd also fully recommend the Coles Rewards MC - not sure how strict they are on their lending standards, but the min income requirement for the card is $25k.

Good luck whichever way you choose to go!

Thanks blueythecat,

Applied through a referral link either sun or mon. Conditionally approved (payslips). Today I receive an sms of approval :)

Now to wait some days before the coles card is requested.

Thanks blueythecat,

Applied through a referral link either sun or mon. Conditionally approved (payslips). Today I receive an sms of approval :)

Now to wait some days before the coles card is requested.

Nice work. Enjoy the points haul and good luck with the Coles card too!

Love the Amex Platimum Edge card. Especially when you buy gift vouchers from Coles or Woolworths.

Love the Amex Platimum Edge card. Especially when you buy gift vouchers from Coles or Woolworths.

It is an excellent way to earn some extra points with very little inconvenience, for me at least. When I first started doing it I was skeptical that it would be worth my while, but it didn't take me long to notice that the extra points actually did mount up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back