Question - Chile reciprocity fee | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Chile reciprocity fee

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Some friends of mine are flying to SCL, parents in business, 2 adult children in economy.

The parents will obviously get to the reciprocity booths well in advance of the kids. They have asked, if they take their children's passports, will they be able to pay the RF for their children, and therefore gain some time getting everyone through immigration etc. Or do you have to physically present with your own passport to pay the fee?

(Am aware of the recent changes in RF location ...)

kpc

AFF Supporter
Don't know the answer but I would be wary wondering around any foreign airport without my passport on me. You never know when you will be asked for it

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I don’t think it would be worth it. The process of paying the fee should not be too slow and passport control at SCL is usually well-staffed and fairly quick even if there’s a crowd IME.

shuuy

Flights
My Map
separate booths for reciprocity vs customs, right?

Are the booths open around the clock (ie we're flying MDZ-SCL... not at the time the LA or QF flights land)

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
separate booths for reciprocity vs customs, right?

Are the booths open around the clock (ie we're flying MDZ-SCL... not at the time the LA or QF flights land)
I think you mean separate from immigration, and yes they are. The booths are on the upper floor before you take the escalator down to passport control. Impossible to miss on the right, adorned with Australia flag signs.

I can’t answer the second question with certainty, but I can say when I arrived at near midnight on an EK flight about three weeks ago, a booth was open. I appeared to be the only person needing to pay the RF.

The RF is, as I understand it, only collected from Australians arriving into Chile at SCL.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acesquare

Currently Active Users