Question Chauffeur drive national Gallery to lhr

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by parsonstrish, Mar 16, 2019.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. parsonstrish

parsonstrish Active Member

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    I have check out @ 10am of accommodation on day I fly back on qf2. I’m not prepared to pay $450 to book extra night to match pick up time to lhr. I was thinking of booking luggage in storage near National Gallery £12 for the day & spend more time sightseeing. I’m not familiar with hotels in walking area from gallery area to book chauffeur drive for pick up outside hotel 5 hours before flight to lhr. I guess it’s crazy to think I can book for pick up near national gallery. Any & all pick up suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. amaroo

amaroo Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Why not just leave your luggage with the hotel and come back at pick up time.

3. jase05

jase05 Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Absolutely would be the way to go. They will store it for free and you can go and do what you want.
    If you really do want to leave the luggage elsewhere though the CD should be able to pick you up from wherever you want as long as they have adequate notice.

4. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
    Good question, it’s not a hotel but apartment. Apartment managed by outsourced company. Reading all their online information would be no stored luggage past check out.

5. amaroo

amaroo Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Fair enough. A hotel I know near that location is the Ham Yard Hotel (5 min walk) nice place to have a drink before getting picked up. Who knows, they may keep an eye on your bags as you spend a few pounds enjoying their bar.

6. parsonstrish

Sep 23, 2005
    queensland
  7. VPS

VPS Established Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It doesn't have to be a hotel - there are number of well known theatres in that area that any decent London driver should be able to find. Or even at the front of St Martin's in the field

8. Geegeela

Geegeela Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Adelaide
    Why not The Savoy, that’s got a nice ring to it. Ten minutes walk with good space to wait.

Depending on your timing you could also have a drink or even afternoon tea and no doubt there would be a spot for your bags.

• Agree Agree x 1