Change in sign-on TC relating to bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moopere

Established Member
Has this wording been in place for ages and I've just not been paying attention?

Cardmembers who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer.

I'm seeing this on every Amex card I care to look at. Am on the hunt for some sign on points + a new Amex card and the above wording seems pretty clear and unambiguous - if I get another Amex to join my current Edge then I won't get any sign on points.

You still get the bonus points with the Velocity Amex card even if you already have the Edge. Came though straight away.

You still get the bonus points with the Velocity Amex card even if you already have the Edge. Came though straight away.

I'm really glad to hear that, though it really makes me scratch my chin that on the one hand they are happy to pay the sign-up points yet seem to have T&C which pretty clearly seem to indicate the contrary.

I might give the Velocity Escape a try ... see what happens. No cost to me and if they diddle the sign-on points I can just cancel the card again without any risk

I'm really glad to hear that, though it really makes me scratch my chin that on the one hand they are happy to pay the sign-up points yet seem to have T&C which pretty clearly seem to indicate the contrary.

I might give the Velocity Escape a try ... see what happens. No cost to me and if they diddle the sign-on points I can just cancel the card again without any risk
I think it relates to the co branding, it may be run by Amex but isn't regarded being offered by Amex but by Velocity, I had the same e pertinence with the DJ car!

Has this wording been in place for ages and I've just not been paying attention?

I'm seeing this on every Amex card I care to look at. Am on the hunt for some sign on points + a new Amex card and the above wording seems pretty clear and unambiguous - if I get another Amex to join my current Edge then I won't get any sign on points.

That clause was introduced earlier this year, around June I think.
It has been mentioned in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back