Centurion FHR Vs Platinum FHR Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Fitz

Hi guys,

I've just upgraded from an AMEX Plat to Centurion.

Since I've accepted the new card, the AMEX portal looks different - but and not in a good way - and I'm hoping someone can please help me with my dilemma.

From what I can remember, with the Plat. card log in, I could actually browse the Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) benefits through the portal - and the site would tell me which hotels were part of the FHR program - and what the benefit was included with each hotel as I browsed down the page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I've got a Centurion login now, the AMEX travel site doesn't tell me which hotels are part of the FHR program, and no mention of the FHR benefit when browsing hotels through their site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can someone please take a screen cap of their hotel browsing and let me know if they can see FHR benefits on the hotel description when booking online through the AMEX portal?

Unsure if this has changed for everyone, or just because I have a new log in now.

Cheers

It's only ever worked for me using americanexpressfhr.com site ( and still does just checked ) but I've then had to go the the Australian travel site to book it, which doesn't

K

Have you redeemed MR points lately? I find that when I redeem points I lose the ability to see FHR benefits online for about 2 weeks.

I can see FHR on my Platinum card now though. For example, here's a screen cap of Melbourne on a random date (Oct 21st-22nd):
Screen-Shot-2015-09-11-10-36-58.png

Thanks for the screen cap Ewing.

You can see the FHR benefits on the search Platinum results.

~~~~~~~~~~

If you take a look at my Centurion hotel search results here - you will see the Centurion site does not give the FHR benefit in the hotel search results. In fact, Centurions get LESS information than Platinum card holders.

~~~~~~~~~~

Frustrating, seeing that I like to do analysis of the FHR benefit (as well as the cost of the room) before making a booking.

I have followed this up with AMEX multiple times, however they don't seem to understand what the problem is. Hopefully this post will help them understand.

Crazy to think that the web designers have omitted the FHR benefit from the Centurion search results, unless someone has a work around (?)

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back