CC with quick turnover of bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive005

Hi all, anyone recommend a cc to take out that will award point asap?
With velocity looking like offering a high transfer bonus in May would be good to have some to transfer
Thanks

Clive

Amex is the best bet if you’re eligible for a bonus. In my experience the bonus has posted immediately upon the minimum spend being processed.

Just pointing out in case it's not obvious, but if the idea is to take advantage of a transfer bonus then you will only be looking at non-direct point earn options...the transfer bonus does not apply to those. So for AMEX I guess that means you're looking for a membership rewards bonus but not e.g. the Velocity Amex.

Indeed. The best AMEX option at the moment would be the Plat Charge - 90k points - the points will credit very quickly once the spend requirement has been meet.

I’m not aware of any cards that will (should) be eligible for the promo other than Amex cards that you’ll be sure to receive the points in time.

Indeed. The best AMEX option at the moment would be the Plat Charge - 90k points - the points will credit very quickly once the spend requirement has been meet.

I’m not aware of any cards that will (should) be eligible for the promo other than Amex cards that you’ll be sure to receive the points in time.
Thanks guys,I already have the Velocity Amex, so all I can take out is probably the DJ Amex, may be worth it.

Thanks guys,I already have the Velocity Amex, so all I can take out is probably the DJ Amex, may be worth it.
Typically already having an AMEX issued card would make you ineligible for bonuses...although special rules do seem to apply to the DJ Amex for some reason.

Typically already having an AMEX issued card would make you ineligible for bonuses...although special rules do seem to apply to the DJ Amex for some reason.

Yep the DJ’s Amex should be good to go and in my experience the points posted fast with that card too.

Good luck!

With the latest offer, St George has received a number of reports of paying the bonus points within the first month.

Is not o
With the latest offer, St George has received a number of reports of paying the bonus points within the first month.
Though StGeorge is not on the velocity transfer bonus list
. Or at least not on the list that I have read.

Is not o
Though StGeorge is not on the velocity transfer bonus list
. Or at least not on the list that I have read.
Is this relevant? OP doesn't say it has to be Velocity in their topic sentence:

"Hi all, anyone recommend a cc to take out that will award point asap?"

Nor for that matter does the OP state in the thread title that he/she is exclusively pursuing Velocity point earning opportunities.

Last edited:
Hi all, anyone recommend a cc to take out that will award point asap?
With velocity looking like offering a high transfer bonus in May would be good to have some to transfer
Thanks

Clive
Thanks Dr but I am after a card to be able to convert for the velocity bonus atm What are the spend requirements for the St George

Clive

But not for me. Still waiting :(

Definitely couldn't recommend St George for quick points turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back