CBA Platinum Mastercard - Cancelling, offers to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingles

I currently have a Platinum Mastercard however the annual fee is beginning to annoy me.

I called a few days ago to ask if they would offer me any incentive not to cancel and was told that they wouldn't however would happily cancel it for me.

The annual spend on the card very high thanks to business expenses.

Has anyone had any luck in having the annual fee reduced or waived?

Yes I do - until 2010.
CBA gave it to me as an apology for the inconvenience that they made! Thanks to the rubbish concierge service.
;)

I was on a CBA standard Visa, and I got an offer to upgrade to Plat due to high spending, i think about $150k pa, and I can't remember if it said annual fee free, however, I got it for 1 year,

2nd and 3rd year, I literally spent 3 hours talking to 2-3 reps begging for a fee waiver, I even tried the "ok, send me the paperwork to cancel all my CBA services, I ve had a bank account with tthem since about 1986 or 1988, still they just sent the form out to me.

at the moment, I also have a citibank plat fee free, depending on how the ratio is going to change shortly, if the CBA PLAT ratio drops anything other then 1:1, I will be cutting it up and going back to my Citibank.

i have heard people threatening disconnection and had the fee waved but I gave up after trying for 2-3 hours, i don't have any loans with them to justify them waiving the fee...unfortuantely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back