Card Reissue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Received a call from Citi last night advising my card may have been compromised being linked to a supplier undergoing a major fraud investigation. She could not provide any further details and whilst regretting the inconvenience, advised my card was being cancelled with a new card arriving in the next few days.
Attempting to log into my account this morning, access was denied and will now have to go through registration process again once I receive the new card details. This presumably will include the one time pin process.
Never ceases to amaze how these technology driven majors are neanderthal in their systems and execution.
With end of month looming, thankfully, she advised the three supplementary cards issued are still fine for use.

Had almost an identical call late last year.

What surprised me is that one of the "merchants undergoing fraud investigation" they would not provide detail on, yet the following month transactions had the same merchants as the month prior!

Yes you need to re-register everytime you geta new card number with citibank

Had almost an identical call late last year.

What surprised me is that one of the "merchants undergoing fraud investigation" they would not provide detail on, yet the following month transactions had the same merchants as the month prior!

My trick is to change the login of the old card just before you create the online account for the new card. The you can reuse the old username.

I must have been previously lucky as have used the same login since getting a citi card 10 or so years ago.

My trick is to change the login of the old card just before you create the online account for the new card. The you can reuse the old username.

Ah cough. Why didn't I think of that when I got my new card.

Also if you open extra accounts.

I have one online account that was activated when I just had the credit card, so that's all it shows. I have another online account that was activated after opening a plus account, which also shows my credit card.

Both online accounts work just fine, just they show the accounts that were active upon creation.

It's a terrible system.

Also if you open extra accounts.

I have one online account that was activated when I just had the credit card, so that's all it shows. I have another online account that was activated after opening a plus account, which also shows my credit card.

Both online accounts work just fine, just they show the accounts that were active upon creation.

It's a terrible system.
I have been led to believe that Citi are in the process of implementing a new Core Banking System, hopefully this will help!

Good to hear. Hopefully it will also take their minds away from any further enhancements for some time.
Noticed in the latest amendments to Terms and Conditions that they now have the right to charge a fee when exceeding your credit limit between statements. With a $10K or so leeway, I liked not having to worry about how far over the card was correcting it with end of month payments.

One other trick. If you have a Citibank Plus account, that account becomes your "primary" and all other accounts (credit card, ready credit etc) just slot in underneath that. I recently got a new card .. I still had to log in and create a NEW account (I just use username.xx_x with xx_ being the last 4 digits) so I could change the PIN, but for my internet banking I just use the Citibank Plus login and can view and manage all my accounts (with the exception of PIN changing where I'd need to log into my credit card account).

The whole system is pretty poor .. it was designed in 2005 and has been in production since 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back