car vs citibank business gold vs QFF vs call center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I am planning to make a big purchase ( a car) which I've saved up years for. The amount is going to be around 50-55K, and I am considering using a credit card to pay to get some QFF. It has been suggested to me that citibank business gold is a good option, considering a lot of cards are doing the monthly capped point earning, or very low QFF earning ratio.

the car dealer said I can use cc to pay for the car, but obviously, amex would attract additional 3%, so I want to stick with what i've got.

I currently have a fee free citibank gold card and anz frequent flyer gold. I am very happy to apply for a new card with a higher credit limit for such a big purchase.

1.has anyone done anything similar( big purchase in one hit, over 10K...etc), and get lots of point with this citibank business card?
2. with this business card, do you still go through the same frustrating call center that I normally would have to deal with or you would get a different phone number with nicer people at the other end? ( I had a normal fee gold card, and got so frustrated with the call center that I actually canceled that card and kept only the fee free one)

any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers

There is already a thread opened by you on this topic. I do not see the point of opening a new thread with virtually the same question.
Perhaps the moderators could merge the two threads.

to merge the two would be a great idea. :D
I am sorry, cos I am a newbie. ( I thought I asked two complete different questions though)

I just would like to find out from citibank users regarding this particular business gold card ( as recommended by someone on the previous thread), if other cards were recommended, then I would just applied without much concerns, but given that i've dealt with citibank's frustrating call center in the past, I would need to put that into consideration.

(I wouldn't want to present a CB card at the dealer, then having the transaction not going through, and then have to deal with CB call center, just for them to hang up on me because I couldn't answer one of their security questions).

hence, any experience with this card would be appreciated. thanks :D

Last edited:
v8statesman, thank you for your suggestion. buying from Trivett would be 25000 point for 50K spending. sounds like an option, the only thing is I am not sure whether they will take credit card payment for the car, as I went to a different dealer. The other thing is they don't sell the car that I am after.

I will keep this info in mind when my partner is getting his car in future ( he usually gets it from Trivett) :D

anyone who is a gold buiness card holder can share the experience with the citibank call center with me? many thanks.

I'd just ask for a discount and pay them via bank transfer/bank cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back