Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushka

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Very annoyed. Currently in Dubai and had set up all credit card payments before I left.
Received a text message shortly after arrival:
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1451892473.345862.jpg
I've not received any texts before after around 18 months since I organised this card.
Ignored it.
Today I received this text
ImageUploadedByAustFreqFly1451892600.450872.jpg

Payment according to my bank paid last Thursday. Ok. It says to ignore if paid but it creates a seed of doubt that all is good. So stumping up I call woolies. $2 minute. On hold for 5 minutes. Get through. All payments received.

I replied to the text as instructed but no response.

Is this a new policy to send people texts? I hate it. Cancelling as soon as I get back.

I haven't seen that. I cancelled my WWEDR credit card ages ago after I tried to use it overseas and it wouldn't work. Rang them when I got back and they said "oh we never allow overseas transactions unless we have been notified in advance". I said "that's not very convenient for a frequent flyer" and cancelled it.

This was the first month I've had them Anna and I dislike the concept completely.

Very annoyed. Currently in Dubai and had set up all credit card payments before I left.
Received a text message shortly after arrival:
View attachment 61929
I've not received any texts before after around 18 months since I organised this card.
Ignored it.
Today I received this text
View attachment 61931

Payment according to my bank paid last Thursday. Ok. It says to ignore if paid but it creates a seed of doubt that all is good. So stumping up I call woolies. $2 minute. On hold for 5 minutes. Get through. All payments received.

I replied to the text as instructed but no response.

Is this a new policy to send people texts? I hate it. Cancelling as soon as I get back.

Looks like a Macquarie initiative as I got similar texts relating to my Jetstar Mastercard. Obviously their system isn't smart enough to check if you've paid as I had already done so before I got the first text!

So stumping up I call woolies. $2 minute. On hold for 5 minutes. Get through. All payments received.

Who is your mobile provider? Most of them including telstra offer travel/roaming passes for unlimited calls whilst overseas.

It's a Macquarie card, what would you expect??

I missed a payment once (travelling) by a few days which cost me dearly. Not a Woolies card, a different Mac product.
A while later I received an invitation to increase my credit limit. When I rang to accept I was told sorry, you missed a payment, you now need to wait another 12 months. Spending 10 or 20 grand a month and "never" being late means nothing if you are late just once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back