Can you transfer Amex poits to supplementary cardholders KrisFlyer account

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalereardon

My wife and I have separate Amex cards - one is business and one personal meaning we have membership reward points separately.
We are however additional cardholders on each others accounts and both have online account management.
We want to end up with all the points into just one person's KrisFlyer account tet the flights we want.
I read on an American blog that they can transfer points to the FF accounts of additional cardholders. Is that possible in Australia?
I have logged into my supplementary account online management with Amex but can't even find anywhere to view reward points let alone redeem them.
The only other way I presume is transferring to Virgin Australia, then transferring over to the other person through family transfers and then over to Kris Flyer - but I think Virgin to KF loses points in the transfer?

Any help appreciated.

Dale.

My wife and I have separate Amex cards - one is business and one personal meaning we have membership reward points separately.
We are however additional cardholders on each others accounts and both have online account management.
We want to end up with all the points into just one person's KrisFlyer account tet the flights we want.
I read on an American blog that they can transfer points to the FF accounts of additional cardholders. Is that possible in Australia?
I have logged into my supplementary account online management with Amex but can't even find anywhere to view reward points let alone redeem them.
The only other way I presume is transferring to Virgin Australia, then transferring over to the other person through family transfers and then over to Kris Flyer - but I think Virgin to KF loses points in the transfer?

Any help appreciated.

Dale.
Not possible .can only transfer to primary card holders account. have you considered KF nominee facility. It might be a solution.

What is this KF nominee facility? I am new to using KF as have been accruing MR for a while and now want to use them through KF.

What is this KF nominee facility? I am new to using KF as have been accruing MR for a while and now want to use them through KF.

Basically you can book an award in your wife's name using your points or vice versa. Works well when you have similar amounts of points, but doesn't allow amalgamation.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ru/faqCategory/?category=34374#question-34358

Who can be my redemption nominee?

Anyone at all. You can nominate up to five individuals (but not a corporation or legal entity) as your redemption nominees – which means that you can redeem your KrisFlyer miles for award tickets or flight upgrades for them, and/or pay for their tickets on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir with your KrisFlyer miles when you book online.

for transfer points between accounts (fee free between the same reward programs), there is a 50k per year limit, and 1 transfer request per year.

so, if you are planning to transfer the max 50k, remember to do it in one go, otherwise, wait until next year.

And can you do it (even for a fee) between different member reward point types? My wife has a biz explorer card and I have a gold charge card so different reward program types.

Depends on the direction and which program is superior.

At worst you’d be looking at $250 to transfer 50,000.

Sending 50,000 via Velocity would get you a bit over 37,000 points. Or to look at it another way, you'd need to use 67,500 MR points to end up with 50,000 KF points. So can you look at the $250 as saving you 17,500 MR points, up to you whether it's worth it.

But there’s no real limit for that method, and it’s likely to be quicker too.

Last edited:
We want to end up with all the points into just one person's KrisFlyer account to get the flights we want.

Not knowing what your flight is but other options are:

- Each book a flight each and just pick seats next to one another. You can do on two computers simultaneously if you are worried of not being on the same flight. On SQ you can pick your SEAT before payment. So process the payment only when you are all satisfied.

- Or one person books two one way tickets, and the other the return.

Just as a data point, I have transferred points from both the wifes and my own Amex accounts to my KF account and booked and used redemption's previously. Not saying it is the norm, just saying it has been done, also worked well with Asia miles.

Just as a data point, I have transferred points from both the wifes and my own Amex accounts to my KF account and booked and used redemption's previously. Not saying it is the norm, just saying it has been done, also worked well with Asia miles.

Various people have reported this in various programs mainly when the surname matches.

Personally as most of my tickets are redeemed 11 months out I would not want the risk of later cancellation should they ever data match. It all depends what your risk and comfort levels are.

As there are easy ways around it that have no risk I would not personally do it.

you are a very lucky person
I transferred amex pts to my husbands KF account. went to use them 6 mths later and the account was locked i could see everything but could not ticket
it took almost 12 mths for the points to be reveresed to amex then i could transfer to me .it was a first class ticekt to LHR than I could not book as I had no access to the KF or the amex

I would advice against doing this in KrisFlyer. Got audited for doing the same and they investigated all transactions going back over 3 years. It was 2 months before account was usable. Multiple phone calls/supporting documents required . Points were ultimately transferred to my wife’s account as original credit cards were closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back