Buy AMEX POINTS To Transfer to SQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold60

Hi,

Can someone please remind me how to buy AMEX points so I can then transfer them to SQ for an award flight in 2020?

I have done it once last year, but for the life of me, I cannot remember how I did it.

I am trying to beat the 15 April changes that will halve the transfer rate. I am short of points for the SQ flight, and think I have worked out it is better to buy the points before 15 Apr, otherwise it will then mean I will have to buy twice as many to get the same amounts to effectively transfer.

TIA

Yep, I pretty well have. obviously the number will go down the more i am able to acquire beforehand, all other things being equal.

I guess I basically comes down to, at any point in time, having to double the purchase post AMEX April changes to achieve the same effect over at SQ.....

Im not sure; however, have you worked out your points required taking in to account the SQ devaluation?

Thanks Pirate. i saw this article before. It seems to indicate that you have to ring AMEX to arrange the purchase. as far as i can see you cant buy them yourself online within the AMEX site?

You can buy them for $25/1000 MR points but if you're don't need too many by April, you're probably better off trying to get a Flybuys Coles offer or similar and transfer through Velocity. No idea if they'll change the MR purchase price in April. I doubt it.

How to buy Membership Rewards or frequent flyer points from Amex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back