Booked on AMEX travel - charges were pending, now vanished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfunkable

Hi All
I made a booking on AMEX travel for some accommodation. It triggered the statement credit 200/50, and the charges came up as pending, but now the charges have vanished.
It's like my card was never charged in the first place.
Does anybody know what the go is? Going to call them up tomorrow, as that department is now closed.

cheers

Hi All
I made a booking on AMEX travel for some accommodation. It triggered the statement credit 200/50, and the charges came up as pending, but now the charges have vanished.
Does anybody know what the go is? Going to call them up tomorrow, as that department is now closed.

cheers

Just chill for a couple of days.

Hi All

cheers

It is normal for this type od expense. They are just transitioning.

Normal spend just moves from pending to confirmed. For some reason if booked through Amex Travel they disappear for a little bit on the transition.

This has happened to me too for my last booking. It hasn't happened before though...

I have the same situation on 2 cards.
Pending spend on Amex Travel since 23 Feb.
Now disappeared, and my $50 offer showing as 'expired'.
Assume will have to chase this up once the charges actually roll through as confirmed

I have the same situation on 2 cards.
Pending spend on Amex Travel since 23 Feb.
Now disappeared, and my $50 offer showing as 'expired'.
Assume will have to chase this up once the charges actually roll through as confirmed

Did you receive email confirmation of your spend and the statement credit? If so, that will make it easier to chase up.

Did you receive email confirmation of your spend and the statement credit? If so, that will make it easier to chase up.

Yep, received for both....never know, it might all come out in the wash with no follow up

The charge is now showing on my account. I'm confident the statement credit will arrive shortly too.

oops - spoke too soon
I forgot I had 2 purchases on the 28th Feb, one right after the other.
Got emails for both. One has been credited on the 5th
The other on my amex app shows the offer as expiring and not claimed. Will give it till next week and see then will have to call to get my $50

oops - spoke too soon
I forgot I had 2 purchases on the 28th Feb, one right after the other.
Got emails for both. One has been credited on the 5th
The other on my amex app shows the offer as expiring and not claimed. Will give it till next week and see then will have to call to get my $50
spacebar
last one came through this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back