Bonus points offer to downgrade from ANZ QF Black to Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossbow

Well this is a new one...

Just received an SMS from ANZ offering 10,000 Qantas points to downgrade from Black to Platinum.

The link contained in the message then details a bonus 1 bonus point per dollar for first three months on all spend, on top of standard Platinum earn rates.

The link doesn't mention 10,000 bonus points, can't figure out if it's both 10,000 plus 1 bonus pt/$, or 10,000 is the limit of the bonus 1 pt/$.

Not sure what to make of this. Do they think I'd be a more profitable customer on the lower grade card? Is Platinum more profitable for them?

Anyone else get this?

I too got the SMS and made the phone call; not sure that the rep at ANZ knew a lot about the deal as she read the SMS verbatim. I have barely used my card. Due to the steep annual fee I think I'll keep black till annual fee is due, and cancel shortly after obtaining passes. $295 = no deal.

Called and confirmed what was going on. The offer is apparently a choice of either 10,000 bonus points, or 1pt/$ bonus for 3 months, not both (clearly a mistake to send SMS with offer A, linking to offer B). Limited to those targeted for the offer.

I took up the offer of 10,000 bonus points. Meant to be credited in 2 months.

I save on annual fee reduction, and lose about 0.25pts/$ on spend and lose the qantas lounge passes, but the lounge passes have been less important to me these days, and I've already shifted much of my Visa spend to another card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back