Bonus Points issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akky

Intern
Rang up in august to cancel my gold awards card, the rep offered 3,000 bonus points or one extra bonus point for each dollar.
Received my statement, and surprisingly no bonus points were given. Anyone had similar experiences. I have emailed the customer relations, but have not heard back.

Was hoping to transfer out all my points before 1 oct :(

My present experience is that having signed up via the Qantas website (so promo/marketing code in url found its way to CommBank landing page), I was expecting 30,000 QFF. And I also paid the Qantas earn option fee. That was November 2013. Several calls this year, and I'm told, no, I signed up for the zero interest option. B.S. Not a mistake on my part. I have screenshots to prove it all too. But a painful process.

Any other similar experiences out there?

My present experience is that having signed up via the Qantas website (so promo/marketing code in url found its way to CommBank landing page), I was expecting 30,000 QFF. And I also paid the Qantas earn option fee. That was November 2013. Several calls this year, and I'm told, no, I signed up for the zero interest option. B.S. Not a mistake on my part. I have screenshots to prove it all too. But a painful process.

Speedbird, I've had the same experience and have finally sorted it out. I signed up just like you in Nov 13 and followed all the right criteria etc. When no bonus points showed up I rang in April and the agent confirmed with banking that I was indeed eligible for them but they would need to investigate. She has been calling me every week since then to let me know that she still hadn't heard back from the investigations team. On the last call (earlier this week), I threatened to go to the Ombudssman as she had clearly confirmed that I was eligible but Commbank was not awarding points. She called me the very next day and said that the investigation team has determined that I signed up for the 0% balance transfer option and not the 30,000 bonus points and that I could only have one or the other. Naturally I chose the bonus points option and she confirmed that they would post by the end of my current statement.

Hope that helps.

adjudications.
Systemic issues
Systemic issues are those that we identify that may have affected, or have the
potential to affect, a number of customers beyond the parties to a dispute.
81 definite systemic issues were identified and resolved this year, falling into
the following broad categories:
• disclosure
in
relation
to
the
operation
of
an
account
or
facility
• inappropriate
or
misleading
disclosure
• computer
programming
and
human
errors
• contract
and
calculation
errors
• conduct
contravening
legal
codes,
and
• internal/external
dispute
resolution
license
obligations.
For more information on systemic issues, see our full annual review
at
www.fos.org.au/annualreports

Just get fos onto things asap

Ooooh yes. Signed up end Nov 13. Started chasing end March 14. They kept insisting that I could not have signed up for bonus points - even with the evidence I could provide (screenshots, dates, links, promo code) but they refused to allow me to provide it saying that is "wasn't necessary" - and that I most definitely signed up for zero interest balance transfer. I countered with if I was interested in zero interest how come, a) months later I still haven't transferred any balances and b) upon immediately activating the card I set up a DD for full balance payment every month? Does that sound like the actions of someone that signed up for a zero interest balance transfer promo? It took the third person to say, um yeah, you have a point and then do something about it. Only took four weeks.

Ooooh yes. Signed up end Nov 13. Started chasing end March 14. They kept insisting that I could not have signed up for bonus points - even with the evidence I could provide (screenshots, dates, links, promo code) but they refused to allow me to provide it saying that is "wasn't necessary" - and that I most definitely signed up for zero interest balance transfer. I countered with if I was interested in zero interest how come, a) months later I still haven't transferred any balances and b) upon immediately activating the card I set up a DD for full balance payment every month? Does that sound like the actions of someone that signed up for a zero interest balance transfer promo? It took the third person to say, um yeah, you have a point and then do something about it. Only took four weeks.

If you had the evidence and they refuse to listen have always found threat of escalation to FOS increases attention markedly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back