Bonus MR Points for Supplementary Card Member August 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzstyle

Hi Guys,

First post here, was speaking with AMEX before on a separate matter, the consultant mentioned the 3000 bonus points offer in August for adding a supplementary card. Worth having a look if you are keen for some extra points =)

Perfect, thanks for letting us know. It’s slightly down on the usual 5000pt offer, but still worthwhile.

Thanks just call up to add a sup on all 3 cards i have . Agent confirm i will received 3k x 3 bonus points .

Max 3k per primary card you hold .

I did this accidentally on the 30th of July. Just noticed a nice little surprise in my MR balance. This wasn’t even for a supp. card but rather an additional card for myself on my charge account. Happy days :)

Just did it for my four primary cards, with a ridiculously (in a good way) friendly operator, who was also good enough to tell me that there's no spending requirement and that I can cancel them as soon as I receive the points if I want to.

I kind of don't really understand the point, but I'll take 12,000 of them for a ten-minute phone call.

Not having read this thread beforehand, I called up Amex about a separate matter and was pleasantly surprised at being offered this as a member >10 years... There is such a thing as a free lunch after all (only name and DOB required so hope it's not a phishing scam)!

Last edited:
I am going to call AMEX tomm to sign up some supplementary cards (i have both the Explorer and Velocity Plat cards)
What info do they normally ask from you ? I assume the supp card holder's name, DOB etc ?

I was asked for name, DOB and drivers license number. The latter was a new addition since I last added a supplementary card holder

Frustrating it has to be by phone and cannot do by online chat - esecially if overseas until after 31 Aug...

I received an email offer from Amex to add an additional Velocity card for 3,000 bonus Velocity Points if additional cardholder spends $750 in the first 3 months... Funny how this came 2 months after I'd already applied for a supplementary card with no spend requirement.

I received an email offer from Amex to add an additional Velocity card for 3,000 bonus Velocity Points if additional cardholder spends $750 in the first 3 months... Funny how this came 2 months after I'd already applied for a supplementary card with no spend requirement.

I don't recall there having ever been a spend requirement before. I suspect Amex has noticed many supps on these offers of late recently not be used much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back