Best Western Rewards Status Match | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Best Western Rewards Status Match

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Having quite a few work stays coming up where the nearest suitable hotel is BW, I figured I may as well sign-up to their program and get something from it.

Originally the UK version used to differ from the global version of BWR but now they're one and the same as I understand it. I figured I may as well status match up to their Diamond Select level given I hold IHG Spire and HH Diamond.

Anyway, it was quite simple...... you just goto https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/best-western-rewards/status-match.html and type in your account details and type in what level of status you have with another program and then low and behold 12 hours later I had the status matched..........

Benefits for Diamond Select (their top tier) can be found here.

exceladdict

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Did the match as well (I think from HH diamond). Had no impact on my one stay - they only had one type of room anyway IIRC :)

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Indeed although the 50% bonus points is handy. The match is very easy though, just type it in and away you go. No proof required it seems.

I would obviously only suggest doing it if you can prove you do have the status, as you never know when they may audit it!

samh004

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I did this before I went to Bendigo in March. I'm not sure it was that useful, but it's something. They did say at check-in because I had the level of status I didn't need to put down the usual deposit, hah!

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yeah, they didn't even notice I had Diamond Select when I checked in and didn't get my welcome gift. Oh well, was a one off stay as I ended up back in India again so cancelled the other bookings I had anyway!

andye

AFF Supporter
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I seem to remember they have some good links in Las Vegas-I'll investigate

Edit: I was wrong-confused it with Wyndham rewards

Anyway here is a (UK) review of Best Western Rewards

Last edited:

Atleastonce

AFF Supporter
I signed up for this quite some time ago. We used Best Western as much as we could through mainland USA and Alaska and whilst not the most up market chain they were comfortable. We received welcome gifts at every hotels. The reward program for free nights is confusing and I haven’t tried to redeem anything yet. I use a BW premium hotel in Melbourne quite regularly and they will not accept my loyalty number if the reservation is made through corporate traveller.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryce Hawkins