Best use of Citibank Rewards points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehtesham

What is the best way to use Citibank Rewards points? Is it best to transfer to Virgin with 15% bonus although you get only 1 Velocity point for every 2 Citibank Rewards programme. As the Citibank Prestige is very expensive and you don't get much for it, I was thinking of redeeming the points one way or the other. Any ideas how to use these points.

As far as I am concerned there is no best way to use these, there are only the least bad options.

Thanks for that, I thought the same way but just wanted to confirm with others. The $700 annual fee is not worth what you don't get from the programme. I am not into buying "goods and gifts" from their catalogue as you can often get those things cheaper from normal retailers when On Sale. I think I will have to ditch the card and cut my losses.

i whole heartily agree new changes to received reward points on the city prestige make it very poor value for the $700.00 cost, priority pass which is only any good if you travel overseas a lot.

One New York night free using Citi Prestige was worth about $400 saving as was the Bunker Bay resort so cutting out the $700 charge has been pretty easy this year. I rotate between Velocity and Kris Flyer for points transfers with Kris Flyer being my favourite.

Just expanding the scope of the OP's question here - but any thoughts on how best to spend points amounts less than 25,000 (which is the minimum for airline transfer?

I have a Signature and Platinum, each with just over 10,000 points. I'm ditching the Platinum and looking for an alternative to the Signature (suggestions welcomed). I can't combine them. The "Select & Credit" option yields $40 of "value", while gift cards or cash yields just $25. Any other options worth considering?

Really looking forward to being shot of Citi although I'll hold but not use the Signature as it's fee free and has Priority Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back